Jessica and Carter first met while attending a business leadership program at Texas A&M University. Over time, the pair grew closer, and when Carter returned to campus the following semester, he asked Jessica out on their first date.
Tag: Danny Ray and The Acoustic Production
Elegant Blush Wedding at Royal Oaks Country Club
From the moment Emma and Dylan first met, they knew they’d found someone special in each other. “I love how perfectly our personalities complement each other, and her ability to light up any room,” explained Dylan. Their proposal at the breathtaking Biltmore Estate in North Carolina was just as beautiful as their elegant blush wedding back home in Houston at the Royal Oaks Country Club.
5 Tips For Wedding Reception Entertainment That Rocks!
Thrilling in the moment, and a joy to relive in photos and video long after the big day: That’s great reception entertainment. And that’s what you’ll get when you follow these five tips for keeping guests smiling, dancing, lounging, laughing and living it up, all night long, at your once-in-a-lifetime party!
Congratulations NACE Houston 2018 Winners!
NACE (National Association of Catering and Events) is THE national organization for event professionals. And this week, the Houston chapter of NACE handed out its prestigious annual awards for achievement in event design and production at a gala presentation at the JW Marriott Houston Downtown. We’re thrilled to announce that the list of winners includes a LOT of Weddings in Houston partners, whose talents are responsible for the gorgeous weddings we feature daily here on the blog and in the pages of Weddings in Houston magazine. We’d like to take a moment to congratulate our NACE Houston 2018 winners on their awesome honors. Thank YOU, NACE members, for bringing so much joy and beauty to Houston weddings!!
Grayhouse Events Atelier
- Floral Design of the Year
- Wedding of the Year $50,000 – $100,000
- Event Production of the Year < $50,000
- Event Production of the Year > $100,000
Danny Ray And The Acoustic Production
- Entertainment Production of the Year
A Day To Remember
- Wedding of the Year < $50,000 (with House of Hough)
EB Inc. Event Rentals & Design
- Event Design & Decor of the Year < $50,000 (with Johanna Terry Events, Bradley David Entertainment, GTX Productions, En Vogue Events)
EB Inc. Event Rentals & Design | Bright Star Productions | Dream Bouquet
- Catered Event of the Year (with Melange Catering, J&D Entertainment, Houston Museum of Natural Science)
LG Event Entertainment & Production
- Wedding of the Year > $100,000 (with Johanna Terry Events, Carlton Woods)
Hilton Houston Post Oak
- Wedding of the Year > $100,000 (with Events By Sarah)
Gina Gutierrez, Cakes by Gina
- Networker of the Year Award
Andy Hopper, Blooms Design Studio
- Industry Ally Award
Kerri Childress, Sandlewood Manor
- Above & Beyond Award
We are so proud of these top Houston wedding vendors and their awesome accomplishments! Visit their websites for information about what they do and how they can serve you, and find these fabulous Houston wedding vendors and more in the Weddings in Houston wedding vendor directory!
Wedding Bands vs. DJ: Which Is Right For You?
Your wedding day is a celebration of the love and commitment of you and your future spouse usually spent with family and friends. Once you’ve exchanged vows, the party begins with food, drinks and music. However, when it comes to the entertainment, should you opt for an expert DJ or a professional wedding band? Both can be excellent choices, but there are pros and cons to both. Narrow down your choice for great entertainment for your guests with the following in mind.
Keep in mind:
Atmosphere – what type of music are you wanting to hear? what kind of delivery?
Budget – traditionally bands are more expensive, but DJs can be just as costly.
Space – how big is your venue? will it accommodate a full band?
Wedding bands provide you the dynamics of a live performance. It’s traditional and the band you choose can make a real difference in setting the tone for your reception. The party can come alive with a bandleader who’s able to vibe and interact with crowd choosing music accordingly.
- Pros: As with all live music, you’re getting a one of a kind experience. This can enhance the vibe of the party and hype you and your guests excitement as you follow every beat and note. Essentially you’ll be experiencing a concert just for you.
- Cons: Booking a band can be costly, and musical selections will be limited by the repertoire and style of the band. Wedding Bands may charge either a flat fee or per musician, per hour but most will negotiate.
Nowadays, DJs are artists in their own right, with expertise offering diverse mixes of musical styles guests of all ages can enjoy. Plus, the songs played will sound exactly as you remember them, encouraging sing-alongs and improvisation. You can also count on a DJ to take up less space with their equipment than a full on band would, leaving more room for bodies on the dance floor.
- Pros: No matter how many songs you must have played during the celebration, it likely won’t be a problem for your DJ to find each track. Generally, DJs are are more budget friendly to. A DJ with a charismatic stage presence and exceptional emcee skills can read the crowd and seamlessly keep the party going.
- Cons: However, a DJ with a poor personality can really put a damper on the party. Also, if your DJ is not quick on their feet, improvisation can be tough. For instance, if your for first dance doesn’t go as plan or if an impromptu announcement is needed.
Made your choice? Whether a band or a DJ is what your looking for, take care of your entertainment needs with these top vendors.