When a couple submits their wedding to us, one of the things we like to ask them is, “What was the greatest obstacle to planning your wedding?” As you can imagine, there are some common responses to this one: “Living in a different city from where we were having our wedding.” “Balancing our ideas about how our wedding should be with our parents’ ideas.'” “Deciding between cake and cupcakes.” “Finding clean versions of our favorite Lil’ Wayne jams.” That sort of thing. One answer we haven’t heard before? “Hurricane Harvey.” Until now. When the monster storm made landfall on the Texas Gulf Coast as a category 4 hurricane late on Aug. 25, to-be-weds Fabiana and Ander had a decision to make: whether or not to proceed with their dream wedding, scheduled for Saturday, Aug. 26, at beautiful indoor-outdoor wedding venue The Gallery, in the Galleria area of Houston. The couple, who both attended college in Venezuela, met while applying to a “model UN” group during their sophomore year. With so many of their guests coming into town from Venezuela and other far-off locales to attend their once-in-a-lifetime celebration (100 of the originally planned 120 guests braved Harvey for the bash!), the pair decided the show must go on. And go on it did. Notes the bride, with admirable calm, “We had the time of our lives thanks to our guests, and danced until the rain got too strong.” We are both honored and delighted to share Fabiana and Ander’s charming, joyful and truly unforgettable “hurricane wedding” with you. Congratulations to the newlyweds; may clear skies shine above you, and may love fill all your days!
Photographer: Jacquelyn Nicole Photography | Venue: The Gallery | Florist, Decor +Rentals: Dream Bouquet | Caterer: Café Natalie
It’s easy to get overwhelmed with so many wedding dresses and wedding styles to choose from, which is why homing in on your zodiac sign can be a great place to start narrowing down options. Each Zodiac sign has its own unique profile, just like each bride, and each wedding. Scroll down here to find your sign, and shop the looks that express it!
Earth: Driven and engaging all senses, your vision for a blissful wedding is emotional and sensual. You love earthy tones mixed with hints of gold, and adore the idea of mixing classic and modern touches.
1. Marchesa Embellished Cape Gown: Saks Fifth Avenue 2. Jennifer Behr Earrings: NET-A-PORTER 3. Kevyn Aucoin The Matte Lip Color in Bloodroses: NET-A-PORTER 4. Gumuchian Rose Gold Diamond Ring: Lewis Jewelers 5. Charlotte Olympia Orchid Pandora Clutch: NET-A-PORTER 6. Bouquet: Keisha’s Kreations 7. Eternal Romance Invitation: Wedding Paper Divas 8. Gianvito Rossi Satin Sandals: NET-A-PORTER 9. Four-Tier Cake: Sweet Regards by Daniela
Air: Creative, quick-thinking and full of fancy, you’re a heady romantic with a flair for fun. Light-as-air fabrics and blush tones are the wedding textures and colors you have your eyes on.
1. Marchesa Pre-Fall Couture 2017: Marchesa 2. Lele Sadoughi Straw Tassel Earrings: Lele Sadoughi 3. Tom Ford Skin Illuminator: Neiman Marcus 4. Ted Baker Oriental Blossom Clutch: Bloomingdale’s 5. Gilded Shore Coral Invitation: Minted 6. Bouquet: Darryl & Co. 7. Anna Sheffield Hazeline Suite: Anna Sheffield 8. Badgley Mischka ‘Blakely’ Mesh Evening Shoe: Badgley Mischka 9. Four-Tier Cake: Bobbette & Belle
Fire: Passionate, positive and powerful, you’re the life of the party—at the party of a lifetime! You want to stay true to yourself and show off your boldness with bright colors!
1. Sabyasachi Red Floral Lehenga: Sabyasachi 2. Smashbox Always On Liquid Lipstick in Bawse: Smashbox 3. Floral Arrangement: Dream Bouquet 4. Minza Khan Yasmin Clutch: Minza Khan 5. Centifolia Rose Invitation: Minted 6. Ruby & Diamond Ring: Nazar’s Fine Jewelry 7. Sergio Rossi Tresor Swarovski Crystal & Suede Sandal: Saks Fifth Avenue 8. Two-Tier Cake: Cake Ink
Water: Sensitive, thoughtful and imaginative, your wedding-day inspiration never stops flowing! You absolutely adore the idea of watercolor invitations, floral cakes and wedding dresses that make you feel like you’re floating as you walk down the aisle.
1. Lazaro Gown: Ivory Bridal Atelier, Weddings by Debbie 2. Sutra Sapphire & Diamond Tassel Earrings: Zadok Jewelers 3. Rafe Sofia Straw Minaudiere: Neiman Marcus 4. Goshwara Gossip London Blue Topaz Bracelet: Zadok Jewelers 5. Indigo Sea Invitation: Minted 6. Bouquet: TnT Events, Flowers & Decorations 7. Imagine Vince Camuto Phoebe Embellished T-Strap Sandals: Bloomingdale’s 8. Three-Tier Floral & Metallic Cake: Cake Ink
You know how sometimes you’re sitting in your car, debating whether you should drag yourself over to happy hour with your squad…or head home for a lil’ Netflix and chill like you kinda want to? Yeah, you should prob pick door number 1. This is pretty much the decision Ryan was facing when he made the not-entirely-enthusiastic decision to attend a law-school happy hour social…and ended up changing his life forever.
“We talked and danced the night away, and even shared chocolate-chip pancakes at iHop,” says Kylie, who fell for her future hubs that fateful night, and eventually married him, in a multi-part wedding celebration that embraced Kylie’s Vietnamese background, and Ryan’s Mexican and American ones. “We wanted to fuse all of our cultures together to make our wedding day unique, and fun for our guests.” And we want to share this awesome Houston couple’s lovely and lively wedding with y’all. So go ahead, enjoy, and join us in wishing the newlyweds love!
“I also loved the idea of a California vineyard wedding, so I incorporated wine corks in the décor along with fresh garlands and lush white flowers,” says Kylie.
Kylie tells us her favorite moment was during their first dance to “Face The Sun” by Miguel.
Photos: Kitty Sanchez Photography | Hayley Paige Wedding Dress: Now & Forever Bridal Boutique | Rings: Zadok Jewelers | Flowers & Decor: Dream Bouquet | Linens: LBL Event Rentals
Change it up, let your hair down, get comfortable and stay gorgeous, all night long, in a wedding reception dress that shows off your party side. Scroll down for additional details and links to these eight Weddings in Houston favorites for 2017!
1. Bliss by Monique Lhuillier 2. Ines Di Santo 3. Tara Keely Bridal 4. Pronovias 5. Hayley Paige 6. Monique Lhuillier 7. Naeem Khan Bridal 8. Dress: Simone Rocha, Jewelry: Loggins Jewelers, Headpiece: Dream Bouquet