It’s easy to get overwhelmed with so many wedding dresses and wedding styles to choose from, which is why homing in on your zodiac sign can be a great place to start narrowing down options. Each Zodiac sign has its own unique profile, just like each bride, and each wedding. Scroll down here to find your sign, and shop the looks that express it!
Earth: Driven and engaging all senses, your vision for a blissful wedding is emotional and sensual. You love earthy tones mixed with hints of gold, and adore the idea of mixing classic and modern touches.
1. Marchesa Embellished Cape Gown: Saks Fifth Avenue 2. Jennifer Behr Earrings: NET-A-PORTER 3. Kevyn Aucoin The Matte Lip Color in Bloodroses: NET-A-PORTER 4. Gumuchian Rose Gold Diamond Ring: Lewis Jewelers 5. Charlotte Olympia Orchid Pandora Clutch: NET-A-PORTER 6. Bouquet: Keisha’s Kreations 7. Eternal Romance Invitation: Wedding Paper Divas 8. Gianvito Rossi Satin Sandals: NET-A-PORTER 9. Four-Tier Cake: Sweet Regards by Daniela
Air: Creative, quick-thinking and full of fancy, you’re a heady romantic with a flair for fun. Light-as-air fabrics and blush tones are the wedding textures and colors you have your eyes on.
1. Marchesa Pre-Fall Couture 2017: Marchesa 2. Lele Sadoughi Straw Tassel Earrings: Lele Sadoughi 3. Tom Ford Skin Illuminator: Neiman Marcus 4. Ted Baker Oriental Blossom Clutch: Bloomingdale’s 5. Gilded Shore Coral Invitation: Minted 6. Bouquet: Darryl & Co. 7. Anna Sheffield Hazeline Suite: Anna Sheffield 8. Badgley Mischka ‘Blakely’ Mesh Evening Shoe: Badgley Mischka 9. Four-Tier Cake: Bobbette & Belle
Fire: Passionate, positive and powerful, you’re the life of the party—at the party of a lifetime! You want to stay true to yourself and show off your boldness with bright colors!
1. Sabyasachi Red Floral Lehenga: Sabyasachi 2. Smashbox Always On Liquid Lipstick in Bawse: Smashbox 3. Floral Arrangement: Dream Bouquet 4. Minza Khan Yasmin Clutch: Minza Khan 5. Centifolia Rose Invitation: Minted 6. Ruby & Diamond Ring: Nazar’s Fine Jewelry 7. Sergio Rossi Tresor Swarovski Crystal & Suede Sandal: Saks Fifth Avenue 8. Two-Tier Cake: Cake Ink
Water: Sensitive, thoughtful and imaginative, your wedding-day inspiration never stops flowing! You absolutely adore the idea of watercolor invitations, floral cakes and wedding dresses that make you feel like you’re floating as you walk down the aisle.
1. Lazaro Gown: Ivory Bridal Atelier, Weddings by Debbie 2. Sutra Sapphire & Diamond Tassel Earrings: Zadok Jewelers 3. Rafe Sofia Straw Minaudiere: Neiman Marcus 4. Goshwara Gossip London Blue Topaz Bracelet: Zadok Jewelers 5. Indigo Sea Invitation: Minted 6. Bouquet: TnT Events, Flowers & Decorations 7. Imagine Vince Camuto Phoebe Embellished T-Strap Sandals: Bloomingdale’s 8. Three-Tier Floral & Metallic Cake: Cake Ink
It’s our favorite day of the week: Tuesday Shoesday! We love it so much that we pulled five of our fave bridal shoes for your styling pleasure. Whether you fancy a classic lace pump, a bedazzled strappy sandal, a peep-toe bootie, or sexy lace accents—we’ve got you covered.
1. With its swirling straps, sparkling crystals and soaring 4-inch heel, Jimmy Choo’s ‘Lance’ is a fine fit for high-glamour brides, and those who want to add maximum height to their overall ensemble.
2. Pair these demure, mid-heel Manolo Blahnik ‘Hangisi’ Lace Pumps with a classic ballgown or tea-length wedding dress, for a timeless look with a touch of vintage charm.
3. If you’re a fashionista who loves showing off her feminine edge, you’re gonna love these subtly sequined Badgley Mischka ‘Blakely’ Mesh Pumps, available in ivory, black, or our contemporary favorite, shown here: light pink…and a fabulous deal, too, at under 200 bucks!
4. Looking for a whimsical, feminine touch of color and texture? Check out these TDF Manolo Blahnik ‘Clizia’ Mesh Floral Booties, which can be repurposed after your wedding day for swanky brunches and romantic newlywed date nights!
5. On the hunt for a demure, yet sexy heel? These Christian Louboutin ‘Hot Spring’ Butterfly Pumps combine glossy patent leather with ultra-feminine Chantilly lace, and a delicate butterfly detail that makes our hearts flutter! Pair them with a dramatic back-baring wedding gown or ballerina-inspired ballgown for showstopping bridal style. Happy shoe shopping, loves! xo
You can never go wrong with a chic black and white ensemble, wouldn’t you agree? This Fall is all about embracing the monochrome trend, and we’re lovin’ it. We’ve picked out our fave black, white and oh-so-right pieces for this season. Whether you fancy a dramatic ball gown or a sleek, modern suit, we’ve got you covered. Happy shopping!
1. Fall 2015 RTW Gown: Zuhair Murad 2. Galya Embellished Strap Shoe: Badgley Mischka 3. Fall 2015 RTW Gown: Sareh Nouri 4. Black & White Orchid Cake: Cake by Nicole 5. Cordwork & Bead Embroidered Clutch: Oscar de la Renta 6. Resort 2015 Suit: Giorgio Armani 7. Belperron Invitation by Kelle Anne McCarter: Bella Figura 8. Tahitian Pearl Necklace and Earring Set: Peran & Scannell Jewelers
Oooo, honey, you KNOW how much we love a good “proposal deception” story…and Ryan popping the question to Melissa is one of the best we’ve heard! “My sister, who is an aspiring actress, will often go on auditions and invite me (the bride) along with her. I always go along for support, so when she invited me to come along to an audition for an independent film, I did not hesitate. The audition was at Hotel Derek, there were signs welcoming those auditioning, sign-up sheets, and she was even assigned a number. I prayed with her in the lobby and all of the staff were rooting for her! She was super nervous so she asked if I could come back and actually watch her audition. When we were given the OK, I entered the room, and saw Ryan standing there all dressed up while I stood there confused. My sister was gone, it was only us and he got on one knee. There were candles and rose petals all around. It was perfect!” Ah, the old sibling’s-fake-film-audition ruse…gets ’em every time. Even cuter? “Our families were in another room watching it all happen on Skype.” Aww. The pair, who met four years ago while both working as nurses on the same Houston Medical Center unit and quickly became inseparable, tied the knot this past spring, with a breathtakingly beautiful 1920s-inspired wedding, decorated in fine vintage fashion by Houston fave Darryl & Co. We’re so grateful to this adorable pair for sharing their love with all of us, and all y’all…congratulations, Melissa and Ryan!
Photos: Agape House Studio ~ Bridal Gown Designer: Pronovias ~ Bridal Gown Salon, Alterations & Accessories: Houston Bridal Gallery ~ Shoes: Badgley Mischka ~ Decor: Darryl & Co. ~ Invitations: Isabella Invitations ~ Transportation: Hotel ZaZa