Cover Photo: Sylvie Gil | Monique Lhuillier Gown: Joan Pillow Bridal Salon | Stylist: Summar Salah | Headpiece: Weddings by Debbie | Earrings & Ring: Neiman Marcus | Hair: Ceron Hair Studio| Makeup: VCI Artists | Assistant: Devin Harvey
Y’all. We are SO excited about our special anniversary issue that we’re doing a week long Instagram #selfie contest… to win a Fujifilm Instax Mini 9 Polaroid camera!
HOW TO ENTER:
1. Follow us on Instagram
2. Take a selfie with the new mag (shown in pic, available at these locations)
3. Use the hashtag #wihandme **Profile must be public**
4. Deadline: Sun. 7/16. Winner will be announced next week. Good luck, and we can’t wait to see those selfies!
It’s easy to get overwhelmed with so many wedding dresses and wedding styles to choose from, which is why homing in on your zodiac sign can be a great place to start narrowing down options. Each Zodiac sign has its own unique profile, just like each bride, and each wedding. Scroll down here to find your sign, and shop the looks that express it!
Earth: Driven and engaging all senses, your vision for a blissful wedding is emotional and sensual. You love earthy tones mixed with hints of gold, and adore the idea of mixing classic and modern touches.
1. Marchesa Embellished Cape Gown: Saks Fifth Avenue 2. Jennifer Behr Earrings: NET-A-PORTER 3. Kevyn Aucoin The Matte Lip Color in Bloodroses: NET-A-PORTER 4. Gumuchian Rose Gold Diamond Ring: Lewis Jewelers 5. Charlotte Olympia Orchid Pandora Clutch: NET-A-PORTER 6. Bouquet: Keisha’s Kreations 7. Eternal Romance Invitation: Wedding Paper Divas 8. Gianvito Rossi Satin Sandals: NET-A-PORTER 9. Four-Tier Cake: Sweet Regards by Daniela
Air: Creative, quick-thinking and full of fancy, you’re a heady romantic with a flair for fun. Light-as-air fabrics and blush tones are the wedding textures and colors you have your eyes on.
1. Marchesa Pre-Fall Couture 2017: Marchesa 2. Lele Sadoughi Straw Tassel Earrings: Lele Sadoughi 3. Tom Ford Skin Illuminator: Neiman Marcus 4. Ted Baker Oriental Blossom Clutch: Bloomingdale’s 5. Gilded Shore Coral Invitation: Minted 6. Bouquet: Darryl & Co. 7. Anna Sheffield Hazeline Suite: Anna Sheffield 8. Badgley Mischka ‘Blakely’ Mesh Evening Shoe: Badgley Mischka 9. Four-Tier Cake: Bobbette & Belle
Fire: Passionate, positive and powerful, you’re the life of the party—at the party of a lifetime! You want to stay true to yourself and show off your boldness with bright colors!
1. Sabyasachi Red Floral Lehenga: Sabyasachi 2. Smashbox Always On Liquid Lipstick in Bawse: Smashbox 3. Floral Arrangement: Dream Bouquet 4. Minza Khan Yasmin Clutch: Minza Khan 5. Centifolia Rose Invitation: Minted 6. Ruby & Diamond Ring: Nazar’s Fine Jewelry 7. Sergio Rossi Tresor Swarovski Crystal & Suede Sandal: Saks Fifth Avenue 8. Two-Tier Cake: Cake Ink
Water: Sensitive, thoughtful and imaginative, your wedding-day inspiration never stops flowing! You absolutely adore the idea of watercolor invitations, floral cakes and wedding dresses that make you feel like you’re floating as you walk down the aisle.
1. Lazaro Gown: Ivory Bridal Atelier, Weddings by Debbie 2. Sutra Sapphire & Diamond Tassel Earrings: Zadok Jewelers 3. Rafe Sofia Straw Minaudiere: Neiman Marcus 4. Goshwara Gossip London Blue Topaz Bracelet: Zadok Jewelers 5. Indigo Sea Invitation: Minted 6. Bouquet: TnT Events, Flowers & Decorations 7. Imagine Vince Camuto Phoebe Embellished T-Strap Sandals: Bloomingdale’s 8. Three-Tier Floral & Metallic Cake: Cake Ink
If we were to give out awards for adorable proposal stories, we’d definitely have to hand one out to Houston couple Britnie and Valentino. “When Britnie and I first started dating, we used to jam out to ‘Anyone Else But You’ by The Moldy Peaches, but we added our own lyrics,” says Valentino. So, naturally, when Valentino had the opportunity to propose to Britnie in front of 200 people at a church retreat, he decided to sing out the beloved indie hit…his way. It went a little something like this: “I am a Jedi and you were an English major/I’ll always protect you with my blue light saber/Here I kneel on this one knee/Oh Britnie, will you tell me you’ll marry me/Because I don’t see this ring more fitting for anyone else but you.” Just like that he swept his beloved off her feet, and they tied the knot a year later with their dearest family and friends in attendance, surrounded by insanely gorgeous flowers and decor from Plants N’ Petals. They even included their favorite Houston hangouts, Southside Espresso, as a vendor at the wedding, which “gave our guests a great non-alcoholic option,” the groom says. Congratulations, Britnie & Valentino, and thank you SO MUCH for sharing your beautiful celebration with us!
Photos: Photography by Niki | Wedding Dress: Weddings by Debbie | Flowers, Decor & Rentals: Plants N’ Petals
They say if you have to invite your best friend to your wedding, you’re marrying the wrong person. We know that Houston bride Caroline agrees! “Austin and I were best friends for two years before we started dating in 8th grade. We’ve always loved each other, but were hesitant of it potentially ruining our friendship. We took a leap of faith and decided to follow our hearts.”
When it came time to propose, Austin knew the perfect way to catch her completely off guard. It was his birthday, and Caroline wanted to surprise him with a birthday dinner… little did she know that she was the one in for a treat! As soon as they arrived to the restaurant, Caroline and Austin were led to the back, where she thought all of their family and friends would be—no one was there, and the room was filled with decorations and pictures of them. “I was so shocked, but thought it was all planned for him and I just hadn’t gotten get the memo,” adds Caroline. He showed her a sweet video he made for her, got down on one knee and asked Caroline to spend forever with him.
Caroline wore a stunning strapless lace bridal gown from Weddings by Debbie paired with blue Badgley Mischka peep-toe pumps.
Their vision of a rustic Texas wedding came together with shabby-chic decor and romantic accents.
Her favorite moments? “Reading our personal vows to each other from behind either sides of a door holding hands, and dancing with my dad and my mom,” says Caroline. Thanks, Kelly Hornberger Photography, for the beautiful photos!
Photos: Kelly Hornberger Photography | Wedding Dress: Weddings by Debbie | Music, Lighting & Photo Booth: DJU Entertainment