It’s easy to get overwhelmed with so many wedding dresses and wedding styles to choose from, which is why homing in on your zodiac sign can be a great place to start narrowing down options. Each Zodiac sign has its own unique profile, just like each bride, and each wedding. Scroll down here to find your sign, and shop the looks that express it!
Earth: Driven and engaging all senses, your vision for a blissful wedding is emotional and sensual. You love earthy tones mixed with hints of gold, and adore the idea of mixing classic and modern touches.
1. Marchesa Embellished Cape Gown: Saks Fifth Avenue 2. Jennifer Behr Earrings: NET-A-PORTER 3. Kevyn Aucoin The Matte Lip Color in Bloodroses: NET-A-PORTER 4. Gumuchian Rose Gold Diamond Ring: Lewis Jewelers 5. Charlotte Olympia Orchid Pandora Clutch: NET-A-PORTER 6. Bouquet: Keisha’s Kreations 7. Eternal Romance Invitation: Wedding Paper Divas 8. Gianvito Rossi Satin Sandals: NET-A-PORTER 9. Four-Tier Cake: Sweet Regards by Daniela
Air: Creative, quick-thinking and full of fancy, you’re a heady romantic with a flair for fun. Light-as-air fabrics and blush tones are the wedding textures and colors you have your eyes on.
1. Marchesa Pre-Fall Couture 2017: Marchesa 2. Lele Sadoughi Straw Tassel Earrings: Lele Sadoughi 3. Tom Ford Skin Illuminator: Neiman Marcus 4. Ted Baker Oriental Blossom Clutch: Bloomingdale’s 5. Gilded Shore Coral Invitation: Minted 6. Bouquet: Darryl & Co. 7. Anna Sheffield Hazeline Suite: Anna Sheffield 8. Badgley Mischka ‘Blakely’ Mesh Evening Shoe: Badgley Mischka 9. Four-Tier Cake: Bobbette & Belle
Fire: Passionate, positive and powerful, you’re the life of the party—at the party of a lifetime! You want to stay true to yourself and show off your boldness with bright colors!
1. Sabyasachi Red Floral Lehenga: Sabyasachi 2. Smashbox Always On Liquid Lipstick in Bawse: Smashbox 3. Floral Arrangement: Dream Bouquet 4. Minza Khan Yasmin Clutch: Minza Khan 5. Centifolia Rose Invitation: Minted 6. Ruby & Diamond Ring: Nazar’s Fine Jewelry 7. Sergio Rossi Tresor Swarovski Crystal & Suede Sandal: Saks Fifth Avenue 8. Two-Tier Cake: Cake Ink
Water: Sensitive, thoughtful and imaginative, your wedding-day inspiration never stops flowing! You absolutely adore the idea of watercolor invitations, floral cakes and wedding dresses that make you feel like you’re floating as you walk down the aisle.
1. Lazaro Gown: Ivory Bridal Atelier, Weddings by Debbie 2. Sutra Sapphire & Diamond Tassel Earrings: Zadok Jewelers 3. Rafe Sofia Straw Minaudiere: Neiman Marcus 4. Goshwara Gossip London Blue Topaz Bracelet: Zadok Jewelers 5. Indigo Sea Invitation: Minted 6. Bouquet: TnT Events, Flowers & Decorations 7. Imagine Vince Camuto Phoebe Embellished T-Strap Sandals: Bloomingdale’s 8. Three-Tier Floral & Metallic Cake: Cake Ink
From the catwalk to real life, the season’s most gorgeous gowns are as romantic as your love story. Scroll through and browse some of our fave wedding dresses straight from Spring 2018 Bridal Fashion Week. If you’ve fallen in love with these looks, we’ve got news for you—you can them on here in Houston! Check out our list of the city’s finest bridal salons here.
1. Elie Saab
3. Reem Acra
4. Sottero & Midgley
6. Hayley Paige
7. Johanna Ortiz
9. Oscar de la Renta
10. Sottero & Midgley
12. Galia Lahav
13. Monique Lhuillier
Photo: Courtesy of Joan Pillow Bridal Salon
Though she opened her first namesake bridal salon in Atlanta, Joan Pillow’s passion for bridal fashion started deep in the heart of Texas. The child of a meticulous craftswoman who would talk about fabrics and design with her daughter for hours on end, Pillow knew that beautiful garments would be part of her future.
Fast-forward to Dallas, a couple of decades later, when Pillow entered the executive program at Neiman Marcus, where she worked side by side with the department store founder’s son, Lawrence Marcus. That’s where she really learned about couture, and really began to discover her love of fine dress construction and luxury embellishment.
Left Photo & Gown: Courtesy of Oscar de la Renta | Right Photo & Gown: Courtesy of Sachin & Babi
Lucky for us, in 2009, Pillow decided to make Houston the home of her second salon, making many brides’ design gown dreams come true in the process. Looking for a superbly crafted Oscar de la Renta? Yearning for the ethereal femininity of Sachin & Babi? Mad for the spotlight-grabbing flourishes of Marchesa? You’ll find them at Joan Pillow Bridal Salon, whose racks bear only the finest designer wedding dresses—and whose salon consultants are experts at helping you find, and style, your once-in-a-lifetime look. You may also just happen to find Mrs. Pillow, herself, who divides time between her two salons, and, after all these years, still says, “Assisting brides and debutantes in finding the perfect gown for their occasion is a remarkable moment that I feel honored to be a part of.”
We’re honored to have Joan Pillow Bridal Salon as a Weddings in Houston partner—and so excited to invite you to schedule your appointment to visit the salon for its Feb. 25 – 26 Naeem Khan trunk show…or any time you want to view some of the most gorgeous gowns on the entire planet!
Left Photo & Gown: Courtesy of Naeem Khan | Right Photo & Gown: Courtesy of Marchesa
Illusion gowns are HUGE this year in fashion, thanks to celebs like Beyoncé, Rihanna and Jennifer Lopez who have been strutting down the red carpet. If you’re in love with low backs or daring necklines but are scared of showing too much skin, sheer fabric is the way to go. Illusion fabric allows you to be demure and sexy at the same time. Check out our favorites from the 2016 bridal runways here—and if you’re feeling this trend as much as we are, go ahead and try them on in person at local Houston bridal salons today!
1. Monique Lhuillier 2. Marchesa 3. Watters 4. Alon Livne White
Just when you thought you’d seen every type of wedding dress, designers pushed the envelope and introduced fresh styles that would make any bride swoon. Feathers, 3D floral appliques, high necklines, sheer sleeves and colors flooded the Spring 2016 bridal runways. Whether you love a figure-hugging silhouette with lace sleeves or a romantic strapless ballgown, our favorite designers have something for everyone. We did the hard work and narrowed it down to our faves. See something you like? You can try on gowns at local Houston salons here. Happy shopping, loves!
1. Marchesa 2. Berta Bridal 3. Watters 4. Inbal Dror 5. Lela Rose 6. Pronovias 7. Alon Livne White 8. Jenny Packham