Pour a glass and drink it too! Pouring your glass is just as important as raising it, and having all the right tools will give you and your guests the ultimate drinking experience. Our latest magazine featured some essential items needed to get you started. They range from coasters to glasses, champagne flutes and more. Check out the eight hand-picked products we’d love to gift or receive to create the perfect home bar cart— cheers!
The food you serve your guests at your wedding says a great deal about who you are as a couple. What you serve and how you present it also shows how much you care for the people who have gathered to bless your union.
Do you want your guests to experience the comfort and fun of a backyard barbecue, surrounded by the smell of fresh air and grilled meats? Do you want to give guests a taste of the Parisian bistro or Cabo cantina where you enjoyed a blissfully romantic holiday? Do you and your partner spend Saturdays searching Houston for hidden ethnic restaurants serving up authentic international fare? Do you have special dietary needs or preferences that need to be met so that you can enjoy your wedding meal as much as your guests do? With so many ways to incorporate your personal tastes into your reception menu, you’ll want to check out these 4 trending reception food ideas for delicious weddings!
We at HWB are SO excited about our partnership with the lovely Marla and Sonny of Houston’s Perfect Size Nutrition for our newest bridal and nutrition and fitness series! Today marks the first installment of bimonthly Fitness Fridays, and darlings, it’s a tasty one. We welcome you to try any of these recipes (listed just below the video clip) any time, for a delicious, nutritious, craving-satisfying snack or meal (we mean it, gals…just try these out on your comfort-food-loving guy if you have any doubts!). And be sure to visit Perfect Size Nutrition’s blog for a complete list of recipes and directions. Take it away, Marla and Sonny!
If you need an example of friends getting together to overindulge and eat diet-busting foods, just look to the typical bridal shower or a bachelorette party. While gobbling high-fat, high-sodium, sugar-filled goodies seems like a good idea at the time, come Monday morning, the food hangover sets in and you wake up feeling hungry, tired and regretting those high-calorie munchies and drinks. So we are here to guide you and your shower hostess in the right direction. The recipes we have developed are meant to taste wonderful without undoing all your hard pre-bridal fitness work. You and your guests will love these healthy and cute alternatives!
Goddess Deviled Eggs
– 12 hard-boiled eggs
– Tony Chachere’s salt-free seasoning
– 1/2 tsp garlic powder
– 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
– 1/4 cup Greek yogurt
- Place eggs into large pot. Add just enough water to cover eggs. Turn stove on high heat, bring to boil for 1 minute then reduce heat to medium-heat for a low boil for 5 minutes. Remove pot from heat. Cover pot and let them simmer, off heat
- Remove eggs from pot and place in a separate bowl. Rinse with cold water. Keep them in cold water until completely cooled
- Once cooled, peel eggs
- Cut lengthwise. Scoop out yellow and place in bowl, set whites on a tray
- Mix yellows with the rest of the ingredients except for paprika
- With a spoon, scoop yolk mixture back into each egg white
- Sprinkle with paprika
Guacamole with homemade chips
Homemade baked tortilla chips:
– Corn tortillas
– Non-stick olive oil spray
– Seasonings of choice (we like a pinch of Parmesan)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Lay out all corn tortillas from the package.
- Spray both sides of the corn tortillas with non-stick olive oil spray.
- Sprinkle favorite seasonings on top of tortillas (we love a pinch of Parmesan!).
- Stack about 8-10 tortillas on top of each other and using a knife, cut tortillas into 8.
- Place triangles on cookie sheet in single layer.
- Bake for 5-7 minutes. Make sure to check on them frequently to prevent from burning.
Homemade Guacamole Recipe:
– 4 ripe avocados
– Pinch of salt or to taste
– Pinch of pepper or to taste
– ½ medium tomato
– ¼ medium red onion
– ½ tsp garlic powder
– Juice of 1 lime
– 2 tbsp cilantro
- Scoop out avocados, add to large mixing bowl.
- With a fork or potato masher, mash avocados lightly for chunkier guacamole. For smooth guacamole, mix and mash well.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to bowl and mix well.
- Serve with homemade baked tortilla chips.
Skinny Mini Pizzas
– Small round flat bread
– Pizza sauce or tomato sauce
– Mozzarella cheese
– Feta cheese
– Oregano or Italian seasoning
– Olive oil
– Torn arugula
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place flat bread on cookie sheet.
- With a spoon, add pizza sauce to each flat bread.
- Sprinkle each with ¼ tsp oregano.
- Add a few spinach leaves to each pizza.
- Sprinkle each pizza with mozzarella.
- Add a pinch of feta to each pizza.
- Sprinkle tops of pizzas with arugula.
- Drizzle a tsp of olive oil on each pizza.
- Bake at 450 for 15-25 minutes.
For more nutrition tips, food photos and pre-wedding fitness advice, visit Perfect Size Nutrition on Facebook!