Let’s be honest—as much as we love and dream of super high heels for weddings, they’re not always as comfortable as we’d like them to be. That’s why our gals picked out wedding flats and one super adorable pair of low-heeled pumps that are great for both comfort and style. Shop through our faves below, and get ready to dance the night away!
1. These ivory satin Jimmy Choo flats are great for the bride who loves a sleek, chic look with a hint of bling peeking out from beneath her wedding gown.
2. Get ready to dazzle in Badgley Mischka’s showstopping “Gigi” bridal flat, featuring sparkling crystals and delicately scalloped edging. P.S. They’re available in ivory and a blushy-taupe shade that’s great for bridesmaids, too!
3. A feminine hand-beaded flat? Yes, please! These Bella Belle flats are like modern-day glass slippers.
4. Looking for closed-toe romantic heels with a touch of lace? Check out these 2-inch Bella Belle mesh pumps! The lace-up bow is just adorable.
5. Keds teamed up with Kate Spade and created cute sequin sneakers that can take you from your wedding day and beyond!
We’re crazy for doughnuts (aka donuts) here at Weddings in Houston—especially sweet, light-as-air, melt-in-your mouth doughnuts from Hugs & Donuts—which just happens to be named as one of the top doughnut shops in the state of Texas! That’s a BIG deal, and we’re honored to give them a shout out!
Photo: Hugs & Donuts
Looking for something sweet and unique for your wedding events? Hugs & Donuts creates custom doughnut wall displays, wedding guest welcome baskets, desserts for bridal showers and post-wedding brunches—’cuz who doesn’t love cookie butter, crème brûlée or tres leches donuts?! Check them out here, and treat yo self.
Rachel and Zach were married on her parent’s anniversary at The Gallery, so they incorporated different elements that gave little nods to that blessed event, and to her Louisiana roots. “I wore my mom’s veil, and Café Natalie created a menu that was full of Cajun cuisine with crab-stuffed mushrooms and blackened Cajun fish with dirty rice,” she adds.
“I wanted our wedding to feel soft, intimate, slightly vintage and romantic,” says the bride, pointing to elements including lace, mercury glass, candles and soft spring colors like fuchsia, lavender and peach.
“Some of my favorite moments were making eye contact with my teary-eyed groom at the end of the aisle, our first dance, toasting to my parent’s 34th anniversary and dancing to Pharrell’s song ‘Happy,’” says Rachel.
Congrats and best wishes to the newlyweds!
Photos: Angela Sostarich Photography | Venue: The Gallery | Catering: Cafe Natalie
The Spring 2018 collections revealed at New York’s recent Bridal Fashion Week taught us a valuable lesson—refined and regal is always in. Big ballgowns, detachable skirts, romantic veils and dramatic crowns have made a comeback, and we’re all for it. We are loving this trend so much, we put together a complete bridal look to give you some inspo before you shop for your wedding dress at local Houston bridal salons. Love the trend? Check out the deets below on where to buy these looks. Happy shopping, xo!
1. Sigh. Elie Saab’s Spring 2018 collection reminds us why we’ve always loved ballgowns. Who doesn’t want to feel like a princess, especially on her wedding day? For maximum versatility, try a ballgown with a detachable skirt—an awesome option for brides who want to let loose and dance the night away without having their gown get in the way.
2. We had a chance to get our hands on this Maria Elena crown at Joan Pillow Bridal Salon’s trunk show last week…and OMG, it’s a stunner. We recommend pairing it with a romantic, braided up-do or sleek, pulled-back look (life hack: remember to always channel your inner #queen).
3. The Hazeline Suite is dear to ring designer Anna Sheffield, who created it in homage to her own grandmother’s ring, and we’re pretty sure that any bride who chooses it will end up turning it into a cherished heirloom of her own. The champagne-colored diamond with white diamond accents makes for a timeless, vintage look we absolutely love.
4. Alexander McQueen is the king of the clutch game. We particularly love the combination of soft lace with edgy gold and silver accents. Oh, and the knuckle clasp? It’s like a crown for your hand!
5. Imagine these Aquazurra Crystal-Embellished Sandals peeking out from beneath your beautiful ballgown. They’re just the perfect shade of blush, with just the right amount of crystal bling to complete your bridal look, as they catch the light everywhere you turn. Sparkle on, sister…sparkle on.