Considering hiring a wedding planner for the big day? You’re on the right track! Read on to see why hiring a wedding planner is such an important part of the process!
NACE (National Association of Catering and Events) is THE national organization for event professionals. And this week, the Houston chapter of NACE handed out its prestigious annual awards for achievement in event design and production at a gala presentation at the JW Marriott Houston Downtown. We’re thrilled to announce that the list of winners includes a LOT of Weddings in Houston partners, whose talents are responsible for the gorgeous weddings we feature daily here on the blog and in the pages of Weddings in Houston magazine. We’d like to take a moment to congratulate our NACE Houston 2018 winners on their awesome honors. Thank YOU, NACE members, for bringing so much joy and beauty to Houston weddings!!
- Floral Design of the Year
- Wedding of the Year $50,000 – $100,000
- Event Production of the Year < $50,000
- Event Production of the Year > $100,000
- Entertainment Production of the Year
- Wedding of the Year < $50,000 (with House of Hough)
- Event Design & Decor of the Year < $50,000 (with Johanna Terry Events, Bradley David Entertainment, GTX Productions, En Vogue Events)
- Catered Event of the Year (with Melange Catering, J&D Entertainment, Houston Museum of Natural Science)
- Wedding of the Year > $100,000 (with Johanna Terry Events, Carlton Woods)
- Wedding of the Year > $100,000 (with Events By Sarah)
Gina Gutierrez, Cakes by Gina
- Networker of the Year Award
Andy Hopper, Blooms Design Studio
- Industry Ally Award
Kerri Childress, Sandlewood Manor
- Above & Beyond Award
We are so proud of these top Houston wedding vendors and their awesome accomplishments! Visit their websites for information about what they do and how they can serve you, and find these fabulous Houston wedding vendors and more in the Weddings in Houston wedding vendor directory!
Your wedding is not just a ritual of commitment. It is not just a celebration of love. It is a statement you make to those closest to you, expressing gratitude, appreciation—and profound personal style. It is, in fact a fabulous display of your personal “brand.” And these 4 tips are the best we’ve found for putting your unique mark on your wedding day.
1. SENTIMENTAL PETALS
For most couples, flowers are the single biggest decor element—and, for many, the single biggest budget line-item—in their wedding design scheme. But beyond the beauty of nature’s floral bounty, flowers can also add Click here to read the rest of this post »