Places for Wedding Receptions Houston
Weddings in Houston has the resources you need to compare premier places for wedding receptions. Houston is home to some of the most beautiful reception venues including the The Astorian and the Chateau Polonez. Our company has served brides-to-be in the Houston area since 1987. We look forward to helping everyone in our readership find high quality vendors and beautiful products to complete the wedding experience. If you’re searching for places for wedding receptions, Houston has you covered.
Spotlight on Places for Wedding Receptions Houston
For many brides, the ceremony can seem like a blur. It all happens so fast; and then the reception begins. Receptions frequently last for four or more hours, depending on the activity schedule. Couples and their guests need a reception venue that will comfortably accommodate everyone for that length of time. Luckily, brides can choose from many places for wedding receptions in Houston.
We feature many of the most popular venues online to simplify the selection process. If you’re searching for places for wedding receptions in Houston, consider some of these top spots:
- The Bell Tower on 34th. With indoor/outdoor spaces, a waterwall, and gardens, many couples love the ambiance of this award-winning space. Enjoy amazing food amidst a beautiful backdrop at this ever-popular full-service venue.
- Ashton Gardens. With two locations in Houston, Ashton Gardens specializes in uniqueness. When it comes to places for wedding receptions in Houston with personality, this venue has you covered. Glass chapels, ballrooms, and great food set these award-winning venues apart.
- The Historic Magnolia Ballroom. People come to this historic site for events of all kinds, including wedding ceremonies and receptions. Original windows and architecture give this venue a touch of class that is a rare find today. You’ll love the grand staircase, antique bar, and sunset-friendly outdoor balcony here.
- The Woodlands Resort. Take advantage of this resort’s many indoor and outdoor accommodations. Couples come here for both intimate and grand-scale weddings and receptions. As you consider places for wedding receptions in Houston, this venue can provide an all-in-one experience.
- The Astorian. Enjoy a blend of Art Deco design and 1920s style when you visit this premier reception location. From the Gatsby-esque details to the many personalized options, The Astorian serves as a canvas for luxe weddings and receptions.
- Chama Gaucha Brazilian Steakhouse. Many brides prefer restaurants as places for wedding receptions in Houston. They enjoy sitting down with friends and family to an artfully prepared meal. This Brazilian steakhouse offers a memorable and distinctive dining experience. The space is also great for rehearsal dinners and cocktail receptions.
- Chateau Polonez. Have your reception in a fairytale setting when you book the event spaces at Chateau Polonez. The European style venue offers three distinctive areas for weddings and receptions – the ballroom, the garden terrace, and the gazebo and pond.
- Boardwalk FantaSea Yacht Charters. Try something different for your reception with a private charter in the Gulf. Boardwalk FantaSea offers several wedding packages aboard a luxury yacht that can accommodate up to 128 guests.
These venues represent only a small portion of the featured venues we highly recommend as places for wedding receptions in Houston. Venues range from casual and comfortable to sleek and sophisticated. Whatever you desire, you’ll find something that meets your needs in our venues listing.
The Right Places for Wedding Receptions Houston
Location choice usually sits near the top of a wedding planning checklist. A venue will create the atmosphere for the entire event. Some are blank slates that will conform to a bride’s every desire, while others bring their own personality, color palette, and style to the table. The right places for wedding receptions in Houston offer seamless wedding experiences couples will remember for years to come.
As you narrow down your list of contenders, keep these considerations in mind:
- You may need to rent more than one location. Some brides have their ceremony and reception in one location, while others split the event among two venues. If you need a separate reception facility, consider the distance and expected traffic between the two locations to avoid frustrations as your guests travel from one area to the other. Consider a shuttle service to streamline the event.
- Places for wedding receptions in Houston offer varying levels of service. Some venues offer catering, décor, and entertainment options while others provide only the space. If you plan to host a reception outdoors, ask about the venue’s backup plan. Look at all of the options and restrictions for each location to find a reception venue that will meet your needs.
- Strong acoustics are crucial for live entertainment. Some venues offer incredible acoustics while others leave entertainers sounding too muffled or too loud. If you hire live entertainment, you should be able to enjoy it. Ask a venue representative for insights from past events and hire an ensemble that matches the space.
- The venue’s color palette may impact your wedding plans. While some reception venues keep their colors neutral, others feature colors that could clash with your chosen palette. Confirm your attire and décor hues after you select a venue to ensure a cohesive ambiance.
Places for wedding receptions in Houston offer brides varying selections of amenities, menus, and experiences. Consider making a pros and cons list for your favorite choices to uncover the perfect reception location for your wedding day.
Places for Wedding Receptions Houston from Weddings in Houston
The Weddings in Houston team specializes in local wedding planning advice and information. We understand the importance of finding great products, vendors, and places for wedding receptions in Houston. From sending out helpful newsletters to compiling useful lists, we offer many resources for brides and wedding planners.
Read more about our featured venues and reception venue considerations when you explore our site and purchase a print copy of our signature magazine. Weddings in Houston features hundreds of pages of glossy and artful photography, original content, and premier product selections to inspire your dream wedding.
Start your wedding planning experience the right way when you rely on Weddings in Houston for events, insights, and resources. We look forward to helping you create a beautiful wedding you’ll remember for years to come. Use our helpful Wedding Reception Guide to find the places, or give us a call at (713) 464-4321 for wedding receptions Houston brides recommend.