We are looking for confident, professional, driven self-starters who enjoy interacting with creative businesspeople, finding effective solutions and working in an inspiring, deadline-driven, fast-paced environment. We believe in doing what we love and loving what we do!
The open position for Production Coordinator is an administrative/customer service position with basic graphic design skills.
The chief role of the Production Coordinator is to communicate regularly with our clients via phone and email, requesting, reviewing, and organizing materials for our print magazine and online properties, ensuring materials are received on schedule and are acceptable for print and/or web publication.
Our ideal candidate:
- Has OBSSESSIVE attention to detail and processes and will manage their personal tasks
- You are organized, able to manage personal workflow and love to-do lists!
- Every i is dotted, every t crossed, and you double-check everything… twice!!
- You can maintain immaculate records and accurately enter data.
- Is experienced with and excellently skilled in customer service in a B2B environment
- You can determinedly and kindly get results from busy people to meet deadlines.
- You can write concise, professional emails
- You are quick to help and explain things patiently.
- You are not afraid of the phone! You can make several calls an hour.
- Is experienced with Media & Print Publishing
- You’re familiar with how a magazine and/or website runs or have interned /worked for one.
- You understand that content and deadlines are king.
- Has a working knowledge of InDesign & Photoshop (5+ on scale of 1 to 10)
- You have used both for print layout, graphics, and photo editing.
- You can tell if an image is high resolution, can "flight check" an ad, and have published print design before.
- You can remove an exit sign from a photo, crop an image to a square, or resize a print image for web.
- Is available full-time on-site in Houston
- Weekends and evenings are occasionally required for deadlines or events
Familiarity with Wordpress, Instagram and Facebook tools for business. Experience with luxury clients, customer events or familiarity with the Houston wedding industry. A passion for luxury brands, fashion and design!
This is position is perfect for someone who is highly organized and EXTREMELY detail-oriented who loves customer service, has a conscientious work ethic and a passion for publishing beautiful, high-end and trending content!
In-office, 40-hour week. Competitive salary, PTO, health, and 401k. Send resume, salary history, relevant portfolio samples and cover letter to email@example.com
We are looking for an intelligent, enthusiastic team player who wants to be a part of our capable and dedicated team.
What we offer: A competitive package, a great office environment in the historic Heights, wonderful, talented co-workers, work/life balance, 401k, health benefits, and team building events.
If you are a proactive, confident self-starter who is persistent, listens well, and likes to deliver outstanding results to your customers with an award-winning, proven product, write us at firstname.lastname@example.org
As an Account Executive at Weddings in Houston Magazine, you will have uncapped earning potential. We have all the infrastructure in place – a great product, a defined target client, a terrific support team to handle all of the details and a beautiful environment. You will need to prospect, qualify, present and close on new business and grow existing business. Opportunities for a six-figure income, making a difference in an entrepreneurial environment, and future management opportunities make this the perfect fit for a competitive super sales star.
Contact us if you are a go-getter Account Executive with 2-5 years of Sales experience: email@example.com
EDITORIAL / SOCIAL MEDIA CONTENT COORDINATOR
Got your finger on the pulse of fashion, beauty, luxury and lifestyle trends? Comfortable with social media platforms and best practices? Got a solid background in journalism, communications or PR? Love high end fashion and lifestyle magazines? Like to read and love to write with style and accuracy? Enjoy helping clients and networking?
Weddings in Houston is seeking a full-time Editorial / Social Media Coordinator to join our Print and Editorial teams, and to assist with client services and industry events.
- Ideas for and help with posting visual content on social platforms, plus engagement/stats monitoring.
- Blog post writing, creation, scheduling and monitoring.
- Sourcing and intake of images for print and web from local and international wedding designers/luxury brands.
- Regular and accurate data entry, office protocol adherence (on site training).
- Providing oustanding service to wedding industry professionals, including phone calls, events, and meetings.
- Writing feature stories and other content as assigned.
- Proofing print and online content for spelling, grammar, style and accuracy.
- Ability to organize workflow to meet high-pressure publication deadlines.
- Attendance at industry events – occasional evenings/weekends required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Communications, PR, English or related field.
- 1-2 years in a media, communications, marketing, pr or related field very much preferred (internships count).
- Experience overseeing business-related (B2B or B2C) social media marketing a plus.
- Knowledge of writing for and/or designing for print publishing a plus.
- Solid understanding of major social media platforms (posting, engagement monitoring and response, basic analytics).
- Solid understanding of basic rules of grammar, usage, syntax and spelling. AP Style familiarity is a plus.
- Solid understanding of MS Office Suite apps (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Excellent interpersonal, professional and client-facing skills.
- Familiarity with Blog publishing, 3rd party email service providers, or CRM software a plus.
- Adobe CS experience a major plus.
- Reliable transportation and personal smart phone
- Business-casual to dressy wardrobe
- Own laptop a plus
Interested candidates, please submit resume and brief cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
PR & SOCIAL MEDIA INTERN
Weddings in Houston is seeking a part-time (15-20 hours/week) PR & Social Media intern.
The intern will take advantage of hands-on, real-time involvement in strategic social media, blog writing, online research, press release writing, developing media contacts, media outreach, and more. Interns are responsible for monitoring social platforms, creating highly engaging social content and representing Weddings in Houston to clients in conjunction with events, social media campaigns and special projects.
The ideal intern candidate will have great writing and interpersonal skills, deep understanding of social media platforms, and experience in media communications or public relations. Familiarity with trending fashion, cosmetics, design, high-end lifestyle and luxury brands, and popular culture, is highly desired.
We are on the hunt for a dependable and experience-hungry self-starter with no sense of entitlement, and a great sense of teamwork. Our ideal candidate will demonstrate a positive attitude, professional demeanor, willingness to juggle multiple duties, and a healthy respect for deadlines. A passion for fashion, style, entertaining, decor, fine food and weddings is a definite advantage. We expect regular, punctual attendance with availability some weekends and evenings for events.
Reliable transportation and a business-casual to dressy wardrobe are a must. Own laptop a plus.
Interested candidates, please submit resume and brief cover letter: email@example.com
Why Weddings in Houston? Since 1987, we have been in the business of bringing Houston couples and businesses together through print, digital and social media, and exclusive live events. Every year, thousands of couples use Weddings in Houston magazine, weddingsinhouston.com, houstonweddingblog.com, our integrated social media sites, and our signature I Do! Wedding Soiree, to help plan the most significant event of their lives. We work hard to curate and present the absolute best in wedding content and resources for our readers. For our advertising partners, we strive to provide a comprehensive, luxury-focused, multimedia marketing platform, and unsurpassed customer service