We are looking for confident, professional, driven self-starters who enjoy interacting with top Houston event professionals, finding effective solutions and working in an inspiring, busy, creative environment. We believe in doing what we love and loving what we do!
Social Media & Editorial Intern / Assistant
We do what we love and love what we do!
We are looking for a savvy, smart and eager individual who wants to work in publishing and digital media! If you are interested in growing professionally in these areas, you could be a great fit for our team!
DAY TO DAY:
- Prioritize and maintain a daily task list
- Complete tasks by the assigned deadline
- Check & re-check your work for accuracy
- Maintain professionalism in all areas: Phone, Email & In-Person
- Must have great phone, verbal and written skills
EDITORIAL & SOCIAL MEDIA TASKS:
- Contribute to print & online content by sourcing beautiful, luxury products
- Communicate with clients and collect materials by assigned deadlines
- Help create and implement full-scale social media calendar monthly
- Create organic posts on Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, & LinkedIn
- Design social media content in Canva & Adobe Photoshop
- Resize Images in Adobe Photoshop
- Rename Images in Adobe Bridge
- Edit & Proof AP Style Writing Content
- Contribute to the Houston Wedding Blog
THE FUN EXTRAS:
- Working or attending industry events
- Assisting during a photoshoot
- Assist with Event Planning & Marketing for Weddings in Houston events
- Adobe Creative Suite: InDesign, Photoshop, Bridge
- Microsoft Office: Word, Excel
- Canva, Adobe Spark
- Social Media: Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, LinkedIn
- AP Style Writing
- Blog Writing
- Email Marketing Systems
- Wordpress, Squarespace, or other Website Management Systems.
- Google Analytics, Adwords
- Facebook/Instagram Ads
- SEO Writing
- Being awesome, easy-going and fun to work with
Please email your cover letter and resume along with relevant portfolio links, previous works or writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org
Part-Time & Full-Time Options depending on experience and availability. Some evenings/weekends required with advance notice.
We are looking for an intelligent, enthusiastic team player who wants to be a part of our capable and dedicated team. Our chosen candidate will prospect, qualify, present and close on new business and grow existing business. Candidates with Media Sales or Digital Sales experience go to the front of the line.
You: Are a self-starter, continuously on the hunt for new prospects, and hungry to advance. You take your clients to heart and care about their success as much as your own. You’re a team-player as needed, but are highly organized and able to own your schedule and make the most of your time. You listen well, and can think on your feet. You close often, in a way that means everyone wins. Most of all, you love what you do and are driven and able to help an already successful team grow.
Us: We are the longest-running media company in Houston, with 33 years in print and front-runners in digital and online media. We reward hard work and experience with a competitive package, a great office environment in the historic Heights, wonderful, talented co-workers, work/life balance, 401k, health benefits, and team building events.
We have all the infrastructure in place – a great product, a defined target client, a terrific support team to handle the details. We just need you! Contact us if you are a go-getter with 2-5 years of Media Sales Experience experience.
We'd love to meet you! Send resume references and cover letter: email@example.com
About Us: For over three decades, we have been bringing Houston couples and businesses together through digital and social media, print, and exclusive luxury events. Every year, thousands of couples use Weddings in Houston magazine, weddingsinhouston.com, houstonweddingblog.com, our social media sites, and our signature I Do! Wedding Soiree, to plan the most significant event of their lives. We work hard to curate and present the absolute best in wedding content and resources for our readers. For our advertising partners, we strive to provide a comprehensive, luxury-focused, multimedia marketing platform, and unsurpassed customer service. We look forward to expanding our team!