We are looking for confident, professional, driven self-starters who enjoy interacting with top Houston event professionals, finding effective solutions and working in an inspiring, busy, creative environment. We believe in doing what we love and loving what we do!
We are looking for an intelligent, enthusiastic team player who wants to be a part of our capable and dedicated team. Our chosen candidate will prospect, qualify, present and close on new business and grow existing business. Candidates with Media Sales or Digital Sales experience go to the front of the line.
You: Are a self-starter, continuously on the hunt for new prospects, and hungry to advance. You take your clients to heart and care about their success as much as your own. You’re a team-player as needed, but are highly organized and able to own your schedule and make the most of your time. You listen well, and can think on your feet. You close often, in a way that means everyone wins. Most of all, you love what you do and are driven and able to help an already successful team grow.
Us: We are the longest-running media company in Houston, with 33 years in print and front-runners in digital and online media. We reward hard work and experience with a competitive package, a great office environment in the historic Heights, wonderful, talented co-workers, work/life balance, 401k, health benefits, and team building events.
We have all the infrastructure in place – a great product, a defined target client, a terrific support team to handle the details. We just need you! Contact us if you are a go-getter with 2-5 years of Media Sales Experience experience.
We'd love to meet you! Send resume references and cover letter: firstname.lastname@example.org
MEDIA INTERN or ENTRY-LEVEL PUBLISHING ASSISTANT
We are seeking out a savvy, smart and eager individual who wants to work in publishing and media!
If you love working with beautiful content, publishing, helping people, and are detail-oriented with an eye for luxury branding, you could be a great fit for our team!
• Providing our clients with the utmost in quality marketing materials and excellent service
• Assisting our team in creating beautiful content for our website, social media channels, and print properties
• Organizing your daily task list while taking on new projects assigned by others
• Gaining hands-on experience in media and publishing from a successful team of creative pros
Every day is an adventure, but on a “typical day", you will:
• Organize and complete daily tasks as assigned
• Follow up with clients and keep your projects on track.
• Use an office phone to communicate deadlines and information to clients in a professional manner
• Compose professional, spell-checked emails to important clients
• Check your own work carefully for accuracy and quality
• Source beautiful products that will be used for creating online and print content
• Use social media (IG, Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest) in a professional setting
• Use Adobe Creative Suite programs for basic media-related tasks and design (beginners are fine)
• And on occasion, working or attending industry events, wedding-planning events, or a bridal fashion trunk show
Bonus skills and experience:
• AP copy writing and /or proofing
• Blogging in a professional setting
• Social media for business
• Typography and Design courses / Adobe Creative Suite
• Photography / videography / photo and video editing
• Basic office skills - phones, email, data entry
• Blog publishing platforms
• Email Marketing Platforms
• Online graphics creation programs (such as Canva or Adobe Spark)
Please email your cover letter and resume PLUS relevant portfolio links, previous works or writing samples to email@example.com. This is an internship or entry-level position depending on experience and availability. Part-Time and Full-Time Options. Some evenings and weekends required with advance notice.
About Us: For over three decades, we have been bringing Houston couples and businesses together through digital and social media, print, and exclusive luxury events. Every year, thousands of couples use Weddings in Houston magazine, weddingsinhouston.com, houstonweddingblog.com, our social media sites, and our signature I Do! Wedding Soiree, to plan the most significant event of their lives. We work hard to curate and present the absolute best in wedding content and resources for our readers. For our advertising partners, we strive to provide a comprehensive, luxury-focused, multimedia marketing platform, and unsurpassed customer service. We look forward to expanding our team!