Cover Photo: Sylvie Gil | Monique Lhuillier Gown: Joan Pillow Bridal Salon | Stylist: Summar Salah | Headpiece: Weddings by Debbie | Earrings & Ring: Neiman Marcus | Hair: Ceron Hair Studio| Makeup: VCI Artists | Assistant: Devin Harvey
Y’all. We are SO excited about our special anniversary issue that we’re doing a week long Instagram #selfie contest… to win a Fujifilm Instax Mini 9 Polaroid camera!
HOW TO ENTER:
1. Follow us on Instagram
2. Take a selfie with the new mag (shown in pic, available at these locations)
3. Use the hashtag #wihandme **Profile must be public**
4. Deadline: Sun. 7/16. Winner will be announced next week. Good luck, and we can’t wait to see those selfies!
The Spring 2018 collections revealed at New York’s recent Bridal Fashion Week taught us a valuable lesson—refined and regal is always in. Big ballgowns, detachable skirts, romantic veils and dramatic crowns have made a comeback, and we’re all for it. We are loving this trend so much, we put together a complete bridal look to give you some inspo before you shop for your wedding dress at local Houston bridal salons. Love the trend? Check out the deets below on where to buy these looks. Happy shopping, xo!
1. Sigh. Elie Saab’s Spring 2018 collection reminds us why we’ve always loved ballgowns. Who doesn’t want to feel like a princess, especially on her wedding day? For maximum versatility, try a ballgown with a detachable skirt—an awesome option for brides who want to let loose and dance the night away without having their gown get in the way.
2. We had a chance to get our hands on this Maria Elena crown at Joan Pillow Bridal Salon’s trunk show last week…and OMG, it’s a stunner. We recommend pairing it with a romantic, braided up-do or sleek, pulled-back look (life hack: remember to always channel your inner #queen).
3. The Hazeline Suite is dear to ring designer Anna Sheffield, who created it in homage to her own grandmother’s ring, and we’re pretty sure that any bride who chooses it will end up turning it into a cherished heirloom of her own. The champagne-colored diamond with white diamond accents makes for a timeless, vintage look we absolutely love.
4. Alexander McQueen is the king of the clutch game. We particularly love the combination of soft lace with edgy gold and silver accents. Oh, and the knuckle clasp? It’s like a crown for your hand!
5. Imagine these Aquazurra Crystal-Embellished Sandals peeking out from beneath your beautiful ballgown. They’re just the perfect shade of blush, with just the right amount of crystal bling to complete your bridal look, as they catch the light everywhere you turn. Sparkle on, sister…sparkle on.
It was love at first sight when Rikki saw Boris dressed up as a mustard bottle (yes, a mustard bottle) on Halloween at a college frat party. She asked their mutual friend to set them up, but unfortunately it didn’t work out…until the pair connected again during their first week of senior year.
On a perfectly ordinary afternoon, after Rikki returned from a friend’s bridal shower, a surprise proposal awaited her. “Boris and I had planned on going for a walk on the beach when I got home. Once I opened the door of our apartment, I knew something was up. There were flower petals on the ground, flowers from my favorite flower shop all over, candles, and pictures of us from the past four years all over the walls,” recounts Rikki. “I found Boris waiting for me on our balcony on one knee, and he asked for my hand in marriage with the most beautiful ring!”
“I felt like Cinderella in my Mira Zwillinger dress from Joan Pillow Bridal Salon,” says Rikki.
“Our wedding felt like a dream! So many of our closest friends traveled from all over the U.S. to celebrate with us,” adds Rikki.
The ballroom had a very romantic, elegant feel with white, blush and pink flowers accented with soft candlelight.
The night ended with ice cream sandwiches from Smoosh Cookies’ truck for everyone to enjoy.
“Our parents went above and beyond and gave us a wedding weekend we will never forget,” says Rikki. Thanks, Adam Nyholt, for the beautiful photos!
Photos: Adam Nyholt | Bridal Gown: Joan Pillow Bridal Salon | Registry: Bering’s, Kuhl-Linscomb | Baker: Susie’s Cakes & Confections | Wedding-Day Stationery: Isabella Invitations
After spending their first date in a yoga class, Keri and Michael decided to take their next outing to get to know each other better while strolling through Houston’s Buffalo Bayou Park. A date well spent, and a gorgeous Houston sunset later, the fitness-and-outdoors lovers decided to meet again… the very next day. Little did they know that Houston’s natural beauty would play into every major milestone they celebrated next.
Michael popped the question to Keri during an “all-day date” that began near a garden complete with an arbor of blooming red roses, where Keri was shocked to find Michael down on one knee! “We spent the rest of the day talking about how we arrived to this exciting day,” Keri says. “And the 12-hour ‘date’ concluded with a surprise dinner Michael had arranged for both of our families at one of his favorite restaurants
To nobody’s surprise, the couple’s love of the outdoors played right into their nuptials and reception, as well, with lush phalaenopsis orchids, calla lilies and white tulips by Plants N’ Petals accenting rustic barn tables. “We chose orchids as our main flower for their meaning, and also for their simple elegance,” Keri says.
Keri donned a classic silk dress from Joan Pillow Bridal Salon on the big day, complete with a chic oversized bow in back. The couple sealed the deal with stunning rings from Zadok Jewelers and invited their intimate group of 120 guests to celebrate with invitations and stationery from Bering’s. They began their new life together as a married couple with registry items from Kuhl-Linscomb.
We’re so in love with this dreamy day. Congrats to you both, Keri and Michael! We wish you a lifetime of happiness and many more Houston sunsets! xoxo
Photos: Joey T Photography | Flowers, Decor, Lighting & Rentals: Plants N’ Petals | Invitations: Bering’s | Wedding Dress: Joan Pillow Bridal Salon | Rings: Zadok Jewelers | Registry: Kuhl-Linscomb
A classically elegant Southern fête at a gracious Houston home makes for a perfect spring reception.
flowers & decor: todd events | ring: zadok jewelers
champagne & navy metallic gowns: sorella vita | ermenegildo zegna suit, carrot & gibbs bow tie: m penner | la petite robe di chiara: neiman marcus | flowers & decor: todd events
jewelry: zadok jewelers | flowers & decor: todd events
romonoa keveza gown: neiman marcus
bouquet & hand painted parasol: todd events
ines di santo “bloom” gown: neiman marcus | jewelry: zadok jewelers | ermenegildo zegna suit, carrot & gibbs bow tie: m penner | dove release: white wing dove connection
tablescape: todd events
decor: todd events | cake: susie’s cakes & confections
oscar de la renta gown: joan pillow bridal salon | suit & loafers: festari | bouquet & hand painted parasol: todd events | jewelry: nazar’s fine jewelers
THE TALENTED TEAM: photography: sylvie gil | wardrobe stylist: summar salah | set concept, styling, decor & flowers: todd events | cake: susie’s cakes & confections | hair: ceron for ceron salon | makeup: vci artist victoria callaway