Photos: Lady Primrose
Cold weather, dryer temps and brisk wind can be rough on skin, which can be especially rough on brides to be. Europe’s tiny “everlasting flower” is the key to Lady Primrose’s Necture body crème‘s intensive hydrating properties. This beautifully packaged line, featured recently in our I Do! Bridal Soiree swag bags, is rich with Vitamins C and E, antioxidants and collagen builders that erase dryness and wrinkles, resulting in soft, supple, wedding-ready skin. And the delicate, refreshing scent, infused with jasmine, apple blossom, lily and fresh mint, is a perfect pick-me-up any time of day. Pick up Lady Primrose at beloved Houston retailer Bering’s!
Photo: RICH Hair Care
Sooo in love with RICH Pure Luxury Argan De-Frizz Shine & Mist, we just had to share! This lightweight mist has been infused with argania spinosa kernel oil to create smoothness and radiance on even the most humid Houston day, plus a luxurious blend of sweet almond oil to condition hair, olive oil to add shine, and linseed oil to strengthen dry, tired hair all winter long. It’s a lifesaver on your wedding day, but equally perfect for everyday use. Oh–and did we mention it offers UV and heat protection for all that heat styling you’re bound to subject your hair to during the upcoming holiday season, and is totally free of parabens, sulfates and other yuckies that you don’t need? Get RICH quick, baby.
We at HWB are SO excited about our partnership with the lovely Marla and Sonny of Houston’s Perfect Size Nutrition for our newest bridal and nutrition and fitness series! Today marks the first installment of bimonthly Fitness Fridays, and darlings, it’s a tasty one. We welcome you to try any of these recipes (listed just below the video clip) any time, for a delicious, nutritious, craving-satisfying snack or meal (we mean it, gals…just try these out on your comfort-food-loving guy if you have any doubts!). And be sure to visit Perfect Size Nutrition’s blog for a complete list of recipes and directions. Take it away, Marla and Sonny!
If you need an example of friends getting together to overindulge and eat diet-busting foods, just look to the typical bridal shower or a bachelorette party. While gobbling high-fat, high-sodium, sugar-filled goodies seems like a good idea at the time, come Monday morning, the food hangover sets in and you wake up feeling hungry, tired and regretting those high-calorie munchies and drinks. So we are here to guide you and your shower hostess in the right direction. The recipes we have developed are meant to taste wonderful without undoing all your hard pre-bridal fitness work. You and your guests will love these healthy and cute alternatives!
Goddess Deviled Eggs
– 12 hard-boiled eggs
– Tony Chachere’s salt-free seasoning
– 1/2 tsp garlic powder
– 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
– 1/4 cup Greek yogurt
- Place eggs into large pot. Add just enough water to cover eggs. Turn stove on high heat, bring to boil for 1 minute then reduce heat to medium-heat for a low boil for 5 minutes. Remove pot from heat. Cover pot and let them simmer, off heat
- Remove eggs from pot and place in a separate bowl. Rinse with cold water. Keep them in cold water until completely cooled
- Once cooled, peel eggs
- Cut lengthwise. Scoop out yellow and place in bowl, set whites on a tray
- Mix yellows with the rest of the ingredients except for paprika
- With a spoon, scoop yolk mixture back into each egg white
- Sprinkle with paprika
Guacamole with homemade chips
Homemade baked tortilla chips:
– Corn tortillas
– Non-stick olive oil spray
– Seasonings of choice (we like a pinch of Parmesan)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Lay out all corn tortillas from the package.
- Spray both sides of the corn tortillas with non-stick olive oil spray.
- Sprinkle favorite seasonings on top of tortillas (we love a pinch of Parmesan!).
- Stack about 8-10 tortillas on top of each other and using a knife, cut tortillas into 8.
- Place triangles on cookie sheet in single layer.
- Bake for 5-7 minutes. Make sure to check on them frequently to prevent from burning.
Homemade Guacamole Recipe:
– 4 ripe avocados
– Pinch of salt or to taste
– Pinch of pepper or to taste
– ½ medium tomato
– ¼ medium red onion
– ½ tsp garlic powder
– Juice of 1 lime
– 2 tbsp cilantro
- Scoop out avocados, add to large mixing bowl.
- With a fork or potato masher, mash avocados lightly for chunkier guacamole. For smooth guacamole, mix and mash well.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to bowl and mix well.
- Serve with homemade baked tortilla chips.
Skinny Mini Pizzas
– Small round flat bread
– Pizza sauce or tomato sauce
– Mozzarella cheese
– Feta cheese
– Oregano or Italian seasoning
– Olive oil
– Torn arugula
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place flat bread on cookie sheet.
- With a spoon, add pizza sauce to each flat bread.
- Sprinkle each with ¼ tsp oregano.
- Add a few spinach leaves to each pizza.
- Sprinkle each pizza with mozzarella.
- Add a pinch of feta to each pizza.
- Sprinkle tops of pizzas with arugula.
- Drizzle a tsp of olive oil on each pizza.
- Bake at 450 for 15-25 minutes.
For more nutrition tips, food photos and pre-wedding fitness advice, visit Perfect Size Nutrition on Facebook!