It’s our favorite day of the week: Tuesday Shoesday! We love it so much that we pulled five of our fave bridal shoes for your styling pleasure. Whether you fancy a classic lace pump, a bedazzled strappy sandal, a peep-toe bootie, or sexy lace accents—we’ve got you covered.
1. With its swirling straps, sparkling crystals and soaring 4-inch heel, Jimmy Choo’s ‘Lance’ is a fine fit for high-glamour brides, and those who want to add maximum height to their overall ensemble.
2. Pair these demure, mid-heel Manolo Blahnik ‘Hangisi’ Lace Pumps with a classic ballgown or tea-length wedding dress, for a timeless look with a touch of vintage charm.
3. If you’re a fashionista who loves showing off her feminine edge, you’re gonna love these subtly sequined Badgley Mischka ‘Blakely’ Mesh Pumps, available in ivory, black, or our contemporary favorite, shown here: light pink…and a fabulous deal, too, at under 200 bucks!
4. Looking for a whimsical, feminine touch of color and texture? Check out these TDF Manolo Blahnik ‘Clizia’ Mesh Floral Booties, which can be repurposed after your wedding day for swanky brunches and romantic newlywed date nights!
5. On the hunt for a demure, yet sexy heel? These Christian Louboutin ‘Hot Spring’ Butterfly Pumps combine glossy patent leather with ultra-feminine Chantilly lace, and a delicate butterfly detail that makes our hearts flutter! Pair them with a dramatic back-baring wedding gown or ballerina-inspired ballgown for showstopping bridal style. Happy shoe shopping, loves! xo
Erin is a physical education teacher. Peter is a petroleum engineer. How did these two “PE’s” pair up? “We met at [’80s cover band] The Molly Ringwalds’ concert in 2011. We didn’t know each other, but eventually our groups of friends bumped into each other. We started talking, exchanged numbers, and the rest is history,” recounts Erin. Four years later they traveled to Vietnam, where Peter got down on one knee on the beach with a gorgeous sunset as their backdrop. “It was beautiful,” says Erin. “After he proposed, we had a romantic dinner on the beach.” Sigh. The romance didn’t stop there—their garden-themed wedding was full of lush greenery, blooming flowers and candlelight, all of which set an incredible romantic tone. If you think that sounds lovely, just wait ’til you see all the sweet deets in photos by Christa Elyce. Congrats to the newlyweds! We couldn’t be happier for you.
Her Favorite Sweet: italian creme cake | Her Favorite Sip: pimm’s cocktail | Her Favorite Way To Spend A Saturday: catching up with friends | What She Loves About Him: he accepts me as I am, and he makes me laugh
His Favorite Sweet: nutella pizza | His Favorite Sip: scotch | His Favorite Way To Spend A Saturday: woodworking, or playing golf | What He Loves About Her: her sense of humor
Photos: Christa Elyce Photography | Groom’s Cake: Tiff’s Treats | Invitations & Stationery: Bering’s | Bridal Party Attire: Houston Bridal Gallery
WEDDINGS IN HOUSTON Spring 2015 | Real Wedding Feature
Kelli & A.J. ~ May 17, 2014
Having begun their courtship at the University of Georgia, it’s no surprise that Kelli and A.J. wanted their wedding to “feel like an elegant garden party at a Southern home.” As the bride describes, “The ambiance began with a drive up scenic River Oaks Blvd. with Houston’s most beautiful homes,” and continued with a gracious country-club setting, decorated with soft-pink peonies, mercury-glass votives, twinkle-lights and French armchairs. A reception menu filled with Southern favorites—fried green tomatoes, shrimp and grits, pulled-pork sliders—nourished guests for a night of dancing to live music. As the night progressed, guests enjoyed hand-rolled Cuban cigars on the starlit patio, and late-night chicken-and-waffle bites. Jo Ann Schwartz Woodward (of wedding consulting firm Schwartz & Woodward) was great at listening to our vision and implementing it flawlessly,” Kelli says. “It was truly the wedding of our dreams!”
Photos: Sarah Austin Photography ~ Proposal: Brennan’s Houston ~ Consultant: Schwartz & Woodward ~ Invitations: Katie & Co. ~ Flowers & Decor: Plants N’ Petals ~ Linens: EB Inc ~ Cake: Who Made The Cake! ~ Lighting: Bright Star Productions ~ Registry: Bering’s, Kuhl-Linscomb & Williams-Sonoma ~ Honeymoon: Turks & Caicos