Houston boasts a variety of picturesque locations for bridals, engagement and wedding portraits, but our favorite city’s skyline is an undeniably stunning backdrop. Daughter of Houston’s Mayor Turner, influencer and blog writer Ashley Turner, recently said I do, and her bridals are anything but ordinary. A fairytale-inspired wedding gown (complete with a sweeping ruffled train), a long lace veil and a bejeweled bridal headpiece completed Ashley’s glam look while the setting sun cast the dreamiest glow on the tall downtown buildings behind her.
Your wedding day hair and makeup should reflect your personal bridal style. Whether you’re looking for a softly tousled bun, or a dramatic updo, with a little professional help, you can look effortlessly beautiful.
Houston is such a diverse and cosmopolitan city. Joella Williams of Blush Hair & Makeup Artistry captures the essence of each bride with her hair and makeup. To showcase their versatility, Blush Hair & Makeup Artistry teamed up with Houston wedding venue, Iron Manor, and some of Houston’s top wedding vendors to feature these 5 elegant bridal styles and wedding themes. Keep scrolling to see how this team of vendors can bring your own unique vision to life!
Your fiancé bent the knee and now it’s time to indulge in bridal style inspiration for your big day!
Our November cover exudes inspiration for a Game of Thrones wedding or Texas Renaissance Festival wedding. This regal bridal look is perfect for the bride who wants to channel her inner Khaleesi, goddess or RenFest queen. Take a peek at the gorgeous details that bring this romantic renaissance bridal style together.
It’s our favorite day of the week: Tuesday Shoesday! We love it so much that we pulled five of our fave bridal shoes for your styling pleasure. Whether you fancy a classic lace pump, a bedazzled strappy sandal, a peep-toe bootie, or sexy lace accents—we’ve got you covered.
1. With its swirling straps, sparkling crystals and soaring 4-inch heel, Jimmy Choo’s ‘Lance’ is a fine fit for high-glamour brides, and those who want to add maximum height to their overall ensemble.
2. Pair these demure, mid-heel Manolo Blahnik ‘Hangisi’ Lace Pumps with a classic ballgown or tea-length wedding dress, for a timeless look with a touch of vintage charm.
3. If you’re a fashionista who loves showing off her feminine edge, you’re gonna love these subtly sequined Badgley Mischka ‘Blakely’ Mesh Pumps, available in ivory, black, or our contemporary favorite, shown here: light pink…and a fabulous deal, too, at under 200 bucks!
4. Looking for a whimsical, feminine touch of color and texture? Check out these TDF Manolo Blahnik ‘Clizia’ Mesh Floral Booties, which can be repurposed after your wedding day for swanky brunches and romantic newlywed date nights!
5. On the hunt for a demure, yet sexy heel? These Christian Louboutin ‘Hot Spring’ Butterfly Pumps combine glossy patent leather with ultra-feminine Chantilly lace, and a delicate butterfly detail that makes our hearts flutter! Pair them with a dramatic back-baring wedding gown or ballerina-inspired ballgown for showstopping bridal style. Happy shoe shopping, loves! xo