Temperatures may be dropping in Texas, but this minimalistic terracotta styled shoot by Amy Maddox Photography is sure to warm you up!
Tag: Wedding Cocktails
4 Creative Ways to Serve Alcohol at Your Wedding
Liquor and beer and wine, oh my! Adult beverages are a big part of almost all wedding celebrations. With so many wedding drink options, you’ll want to think outside the bottle, and check out these 4 creative ways to serve alcohol that will have your guests saying, “Sip, sip hooray!”
Fun Signature Cocktails From Capitol Beverage
Make fun signature cocktails a part of your wedding celebration with these delish wedding cocktail recipes from Capitol Beverage Service! This awesome Houston bar and beverage company will work hand in hand with you to craft one of these fabulous options, or a signature cocktail of your own design. Choose your spirit, pick your favorite mixers, and come up with a personalized name for your drink. It’s all in the name of celebration…and there’s no celebration more important than your wedding day. Cheers, y’all! Click here to read the rest of this post »
3 Wedding Craft Cocktail Ideas from Capitol Beverage Service
Every element of your wedding should reflect you and your boo down to the very last drop. The team at Capitol Beverage Service, Houston’s beverage and bar catering connoisseurs, are pros at doing just that. In addition to their stellar wine, beer, Champagne and liquor packages, owner Ceci Kammer and her team can create refreshing signature cocktails customized for each client’s unique wedding!
“We often serve very simple drinks,” Kammer, says. “Our clients want a lot of flavor and something special, but not anything too fussy with hard-to-find ingredients.”
We asked Kammer to share a few of her favorite wedding cocktail recipes with us at the Houston Wedding Blog. We did you the favor of testing them out ourselves. Keep reading to get a taste of your own!
Brunch Sparkler – “This is a light, refreshing and super flavorful drink!”
- Put several slices of fresh ginger in orange juice
- Allow to sit for a few hours or overnight
- Mix the orange juice with equal parts pineapple juice
- Pour in sparkling wine (or sparkling water if you prefer a nonalcoholic drink)
- Serve chilled
Paloma with a Twist! – “A twist on the old classic with a pretty spectacular taste!”
- Start with silver tequila
- Mix with blood orange soda (you can find this in most well-stocked grocery and specialty beverage stores)
- To make this extra special, serve with a half–rim of salt and add fresh, finely chopped thyme leaves
Tray: Kuhl-Linscomb | Utensil: Bering’s
Simple Summer Cooler – “This is a summer staple in our arsenal. It is also one that you can play with to make it your own!”
- Start with honey vodka (almost every brand of vodka makes a honey version)
- Mix with club soda
- Add a good squeeze of lemon
- Stir and serve
- *You can also pre-mix the vodka with fresh lemon juice and then add the club soda when serving a crowd.
Interested in creating a craft wedding cocktail of your own for your big day? Be sure to schedule a consultation with Capitol Beverage Service to fill your every wedding beverage need. And make sure to let them know you found their fabulous wedding cocktail ideas on the Houston Wedding Blog!
5 Tips for Creating a Custom Cocktail Bar with Magnolia Bay
Photo: Memories By Maygan Photography | Design: Magnolia Bay Custom Bar Services
It’s no secret that one of the most crucial parts of the modern wedding celebration is… the booze. If you’re like many contemporary Houston wedding couples, you’re likely considering creating a signature wedding cocktail that represents your distinct personalities and tastes. Your guests also might crave a little liquid courage as they hit the dance floor, and, of course, everyone needs a libation for the many toasts and cheers that honor the joy overflowing on your wedding day.
The team at Magnolia Bay Custom Bar Services are experts in making your wedding beverages and drink presentation key parts of your overall wedding theme and reception celebration. As full-time firemen and cocktail connoisseurs, Marshall Boyd and Jason Myers founded their company to bring banquet bar services “to a new level,” Myers says. Unlike traditional bar services, Magnolia Bay creates custom and hand-built wedding bars, themed wedding cocktails, wedding reception drink packages and more, to create a celebration experience your guests will never forget! We asked Myers for his tips on creating the perfect wedding cocktail concept and bar. Scroll down for a taste…
Design and Photo Courtesy of: Magnolia Bay Custom Bar Services
1. Hire the pros — Serving, planning and presenting alcohol is definitely something best left to the professionals. “I tell people to ALWAYS ask if the vendor is licensed through TABC and what insurance they carry,” Myers says. Magnolia Bay is fully TABC-licensed and fully insured. Count them as one fewer thing you’ll have to worry about on your big day!
2. Get personal — Did you and your boo bond over a favorite beverage, meet in a special city or fall in love at a favorite restaurant or bar? Try and incorporate those aspects of your relationship into your signature wedding cocktail or bar! “Our services are customizable to fit YOU,” Myers says. “So many clients tell us they have been told ‘no’ by so many companies, that they gave up. We tell couples to give us an idea of what they want, and we build from there.”
3. Go big! — “Don’t show up to your own event and realize you should have done something more,” Myers says. He recommends that wedding couples write down all of their ideas and then take a step back to consider how their dream cocktail concept can fit within their budget.
4. Consider your wedding “brand” — Your custom wedding bar and drinking details—for example, the cups, napkins, koozies and decor—are the perfect place to show off your wedding logo, monogram, hashtag, color palette and theme. We love how Magnolia uses marquee letters and chalkboard art to personalize each cocktail concept! They also dress to impress. “We aren’t your standard banquet bar service that shows up in black and white uniforms,” Myers says. “When you work with us, you get hand-built bars that go with the look of your event, you get staff uniforms that go with your event, you get quality drinks, one-of-a-kind service and a one-of-a-kind experience.”
5. Think outside the big day — “Always ask the venue if they allow outside alcohol vendors,” Myers says. Many reception venues do require you to purchase alcohol through their vendors, but let’s be honest, there are plenty more opportunities for unique spirits, fine wines and exciting wedding-theme cocktails throughout your engagement and wedding weekend. If you’re crazy for these craft cocktail bars, consider using them at other events like your engagement party, rehearsal dinner of day-after brunch!
Design and Photo Courtesy of: Magnolia Bay Custom Bar Services
If you’re ready to create your custom cocktail bar, or simply want to learn more, be sure to schedule a consultation with Magnolia Bay Custom Bar Services. Cheers!