It was the summer of 2014. Zach had just graduated from Rice and his mind was on getting ready to teach, not on meeting the love of his life. Tiffany had just gotten back from a trip to Chicago and was reveling in independence. Then Zach walked in late to a dinner with mutual friends, and a few Mario Kart games later, he was…smitten. Two years later, on a trip to New Orleans, Zach led an unsuspecting Tiffany on a stroll through the French Quarter, to Jackson Square. “When we got to the middle of the square, Zach stopped and pulled out a set of pictures,” Tiffany recounts. “Each picture of us had a letter on the back. We reminisced and talked about each of the memories, as I noticed the letters starting to spell out ‘Will You Marry Me?’ At the last picture, Zach got down on one knee and asked me to be his wife. And of course, I SAID ‘YES!!!'” On a lovely spring day, the couple wed in front of 75 loved ones at The Gardens at Madeley Manor in Conroe. “For our decor and theme, we wanted something simple but elegant, that subtly highlighted both our cultures and would appear lighthearted and cute,” Tiffany says. “We enjoyed having an outdoor wedding ceremony, while having an indoor reception.” The couple wrote their own vows, and the bride surprised everyone with a children’s book telling the story of her relationship with Zach. These tender personal touches “filled the ceremony with giggles, laughs and tears,” the couple says. Click here to read the rest of this post »
Lounge and live it up in luxury at these 10 simple elegant wedding venues in and around Houston. You’ll be in the excellent company of many couples who have chosen these beautiful though not-too-buttoned-down Houston wedding venues for their own relaxed and romantic celebrations!
New to acclaimed health resort and holistic spa Deer Lake Lodge, the Grand Hall offers indoor and outdoor space for 200 celebrants, including an utterly charming patio and vintage-chic wood ballroom, plus cleansing and detox packages, massage and Click here to read the rest of this post »
Photo: Courtesy of The Garden’s at Madeley Manor
Tucked away behind a grove of sweeping oaks trees in central Conroe lies a wedding venue home to rich history and unforgettable views — The Garden’s at Madeley Manor. The majestic, plantation-style property has played host to some of the most elegant, lush and Southern-inspired ceremonies, receptions and bridal luncheons this side of the Texas border. We talked with the manor’s events manager, Marjorie Thai, to find out more about this picture-perfect spot! You might be surprised what you learn:
1. It’s 80+ Year’s Old! — Madeley Manor was first built by Daniel and Ruth Madeley in the 1930’s and quickly became the epicenter of society and sophistication in Conroe, hosting events for dignitaries and musicians, as well as the Madeley daughters’ weddings, according to Thai. The home has been updated since its heyday, but maintains its historic charm.
Photo: Cotton Weddings
2. It’s All-Inclusive — The Gardens at Madeley Manor offers all-inclusive pricing for all types of wedding events, from the assortment of sweets and flatware at a brunch buffet, to hor d’oeuvres and glassware for cocktail hours, scones and saucers for a bridesmaids’ tea, and multicourse meals and tables for a seated dinner. “Clients are able to relax and enjoy their wedding, knowing our dedicated team will take care of the details,” Thai says.
3. It Perfects Indoor-Outdoor Elegance — “Couples and their guests have the opportunity to revel among the grounds as well as the home,” Thai says. The venue’s lush green lawns and 100-year-old oaks create an idyllic atmosphere for outdoor ceremonies and receptions. Many couples choose to wed under the manor’s beautiful white gazebo, that can be adorned with a sparkling chandelier. Couples can then segue into a classic, tented reception or to the options indoors.
Photo: Courtesy of The Garden’s at Madeley Manor
4. There’s Space for Any Occasion — Once inside the historic former-residence, couples can wed within the charming white chapel, perfect for intimate ceremonies. On the first floor, the living room lends itself to dining or dancing, while the pine-paneled sunroom is an ideal gentleman’s quarters. Upstairs, the former bedrooms have been transformed to host small social gatherings with access to gorgeous photo opps on the columned balcony.
Photo: Archetype Photography | Photo is of the vintage Machin Conservatory at its former location, The Gardens of River Oaks.
5. They’re Adding More! — The manor will soon boast yet another gorgeous indoor-outdoor feature to host truly one-of-a-kind weddings. In Spring 2018, the venue plans to unveil a vintage Machin Conservatory that will offer uninterrupted views of the Texas sunset or twinkling night sky. “It will certainly provide another magical setting for weddings and related events, and add to the historical character of our venue,” Thai says.
Interested in a charm-filled, Southern-inspired or historic wedding space? Schedule a consultation with The Garden’s at Madeley Manor today to book the perfect location for your dream day! Be sure to mention you found them on the Houston Wedding Blog.