Just when you thought you’d seen every type of wedding dress, designers pushed the envelope and introduced fresh styles that would make any bride swoon. Feathers, 3D floral appliques, high necklines, sheer sleeves and colors flooded the Spring 2016 bridal runways. Whether you love a figure-hugging silhouette with lace sleeves or a romantic strapless ballgown, our favorite designers have something for everyone. We did the hard work and narrowed it down to our faves. See something you like? You can try on gowns at local Houston salons here. Happy shopping, loves!
1. Marchesa 2. Berta Bridal 3. Watters 4. Inbal Dror 5. Lela Rose 6. Pronovias 7. Alon Livne White 8. Jenny Packham
Long gone are the days when traditional white gowns were the only options for brides. Designers like Jenny Packham have introduced gorrrgeous metallic-accented gowns and have instantly become a hit on the runway. It’s true—subtle shine and sophisticated sheen goes a long way. We’ve picked out this season’s hottest metallic-inspired gowns, accessories and cakes, too. So what are you waiting for? Go for the gold, girl.
1. ‘Hermia’ Gown Spring 2016: Jenny Packham 2. My Burberry: Nordstrom 3. Fernando Jorge Earrings: Grange Hall 4. ‘Venice’ Headband: Justine M. Couture 5. Gold & Sugar Flower Cake: Cake Ink 6. ‘Paules’ Gold Sandal: Aldo 7. Bottega Veneta Clutch: Saks Fifth Avenue Houston Galleria
The traditional white wedding gown will always be beautiful and classic but there’s something to be said about how refreshing it is to see a colored gown coming down the runway. Designers like Zuhair Murad and Jenny Packham introduced soft hues of blush, pink and beige ombré for the Spring 2016 season…and we are obsessed. Would you say “yes” to a colored dress for your big day? If you’re up for it, try on this new fabulous trend at Houston’s top bridal salons. Better yet, you could see gowns like this from our favorite salons at the I Do! Wedding Soiree on 10/18!
P.S. If you buy your tickets TODAY you could win a “Suite Staycation” at the Four Seasons Hotel Houston! Find out more here. Good luck, y’all!
1. Zuhair Murad 2. Angel Sanchez 3. Elie Saab 4. Watters Brides 5. Jenny Packham
1. Monique Lhuillier 2. Badgley Mishcka 3. Zuhair Murad 4. Romona Keveza 5. Jenny Packham
The Spring 2016 bridal runway season was all about daring and dramatic silhouettes. Out with the conservative necklines and in with the sheer, va-va-voom plunging necklines! Not sure how to pull off this trend? Take note from designers like Monique Lhuillier, Badgley Mishcka and Zuhair Murad, just to name a few. Styling tip: loose curls and flowy locks will create the ultimate sultry look. Feel daring enough yet? Try on gowns just like these at Houston’s top bridal salons. Happy shopping, lovelies!
Spring 2016 Bridal Market was by far one of our favorites. Designers had us on our toes with an array of sexy, sheer silhouettes, flirty florals and dramatic, glamorous gowns. Our editors narrowed it down to their top ten favorite looks straight from the runway. Which look is your favorite?
Want to try on these gowns? Check out Houston’s top bridal salons and schedule your appointment today!
1. Jenny Packham 2. Jenny Packham 3. Hayley Paige 4. Blush by Hayley Paige 5. Maggie Sottero 6. Romona Keveza 7. Reem Acra 8. Monique Lhuillier 9. Alon Livne 10. Berta Bridal