When you make your way down the aisle, your attire doesn’t have to be limited to the traditional white dress. In fact, white wedding gowns did not become the norm for brides until Queen Victoria chose to wear white for her marriage to Prince Albert. If you want to add some color to your bridal look, check out these 10 colored wedding dresses from top designers and visit a local salon to get the look!
Tag: Blush Wedding Dress
4 Romantic Floral Detail Wedding Gowns
When it comes to weddings, it’s all about the details…in this case, the floral details!
If you’re a bride looking to add a touch of floral flair to your bridal look, take a glance at four of our favorite floral wedding gowns of the 2020 bridal season. Evoking gardens in bloom, these elegant bridal gowns are perfect for both spring and summer weddings! (Even Jared the puppy caught the floral fever with his pawsitively adorable custom-made flower collar by The Events Co.!)
Spring 2018 Bridal Fashion Trend: Refined & Regal
The Spring 2018 collections revealed at New York’s recent Bridal Fashion Week taught us a valuable lesson—refined and regal is always in. Big ballgowns, detachable skirts, romantic veils and dramatic crowns have made a comeback, and we’re all for it. We are loving this trend so much, we put together a complete bridal look to give you some inspo before you shop for your wedding dress at local Houston bridal salons. Love the trend? Check out the deets below on where to buy these looks. Happy shopping, xo!
1. Sigh. Elie Saab’s Spring 2018 collection reminds us why we’ve always loved ballgowns. Who doesn’t want to feel like a princess, especially on her wedding day? For maximum versatility, try a ballgown with a detachable skirt—an awesome option for brides who want to let loose and dance the night away without having their gown get in the way.
2. We had a chance to get our hands on this Maria Elena crown at Joan Pillow Bridal Salon’s trunk show last week…and OMG, it’s a stunner. We recommend pairing it with a romantic, braided up-do or sleek, pulled-back look (life hack: remember to always channel your inner #queen).
3. The Hazeline Suite is dear to ring designer Anna Sheffield, who created it in homage to her own grandmother’s ring, and we’re pretty sure that any bride who chooses it will end up turning it into a cherished heirloom of her own. The champagne-colored diamond with white diamond accents makes for a timeless, vintage look we absolutely love.
4. Alexander McQueen is the king of the clutch game. We particularly love the combination of soft lace with edgy gold and silver accents. Oh, and the knuckle clasp? It’s like a crown for your hand!
5. Imagine these Aquazurra Crystal-Embellished Sandals peeking out from beneath your beautiful ballgown. They’re just the perfect shade of blush, with just the right amount of crystal bling to complete your bridal look, as they catch the light everywhere you turn. Sparkle on, sister…sparkle on.
Classic White, Purple & Green Wedding at The Omni Houston Hotel
Small-town boy Bryan met city-girl, Amanda in a Single Life class at Second Baptist Church. They hit it off and Bryan proposed three years later to Amanda on a beautiful bench in the prayer garden of SBC. Amanda and Bryan had a vision of their wedding to be classic, elegant, traditional and fun. Amanda wed Bryan at Second Baptist Church in a gorrrgeous blush lace Allure Bridals gown from Weddings by Debbie. Following the ceremony was an elegant affair at The Omni Houston Hotel where 175 of their nearest and dearest dined and danced the night away. Congrats Amanda and Bryan, we wish you a lifetime of happiness and love!
Photos: Thomas & Penelope Photography ~ Rehearsal Dinner: Maggiano’s Little Italy ~ Reception: Omni Houston Hotel ~ Bridal Gown: Allure Bridals from Weddings by Debbie ~ Invitations: Isabella Invitations ~ Florist: Dream Bouquet