Beautiful bridal skin starts from within, with healthy eating and hydrating habits. Combine your good diet and plenty of water with a solid, sensible skincare regimen, and you’ll be well on your way to a complexion that’s ready for its close-ups. So, what does the path to great skin involve, and what should you do when you encounter the occasional speedbump? Glad you asked! Get a flawless “bridal artistry” canvas by following these four essential bridal skincare tips!
Tag: Beauty Tips
Ask A Dietician: What’s The Best Wedding Diet?
Kayley George, RD, Lead Dietitian at Bells & Barbells, is breaking down the Ultimate Wedding Diet Guide. Her signature program, “Lose the Weight By the Date” has been supporting brides as they reset their eating habits since 2018.
In this exclusive guest post, Kayley George shares her 12-month guide for restructuring your eating habits and pushing through weight-loss plateaus on your path to optimal bridal health, fitness and…fabulousness!
Marilyn Monroe Spas’ 2017 Bridal Beauty Resolutions
Photos: Courtesy of Marilyn Monroe Spas – The Woodlands
Prepping for your big day starts early, by treating your skin, hair and nails with the TLC they need, to be in prime condition for your once-in-a-lifetime wedding. We’re thrilled to welcome Gina Berry of Marilyn Monroe Spas The Woodlands to the blog, with her top 2017 bridal beauty resolutions! Make these habits part of your New Year’s plan, and make sure to visit Marilyn Monroe Spas for regular facial, nail, hair and massage treatments, as you make your way down the aisle to bridal well-being and beauty!
Skin: As we enter 2017, remember that moisturizing is one of the key ingredients in anti-aging skincare. Your skin can never get enough moisture, especially during the colder, drier months (don’t let the rain fool you, winter air is rough on skin!). We recommend that you use a natural, customized SPF moisturizer every single day, and our Rose Seed Oil Capsules at night. Don’t forget to pay special attention to delicate areas including your lips, under your eyes, and your hands. We also recommend a monthly Marilyn Monroe Spas “Fassage” and Signature Facial to help with hydration, lymphatic draining and firming.
Nails: Keeping nails healthy is a must in the New Year. We recommend moisturizing with our jojoba-based Citrus Lime Hand Cream, and adding cuticle oil to your nightly routine to give nails extra added strength. We also recommend biweekly manicures and monthly pedicures to keep nails properly trimmed, moisturized and healthy. Add a monthly paraffin treatment to seal in extra moisture, and treat yourself to some relaxing down-time as you plan your big day!
Hair: Out with the old and in with the new! One of the major problems we see here at Marilyn Monroe Spas is clients using the wrong product for their particular hair type. We recommend a consultation with one of our hair experts to assess your hair type and determine the best at-home products for your particular hair. A high-quality hair mask is recommended once a month to help clear buildup, moisturize and protect hair from environmental stressors.
Get more details and tips, and schedule your bridal hair and makeup consultation here!
Guest Post: L’Atelier De Artonit’s Sergio Escalona on Natural Wedding Day Makeup
We are so thrilled to have expert makeup artist Sergio Escalona of Houston’s L’Atelier De Artonit on the blog today, with his tips for wedding day (and evening-out) makeup that looks effortlessly natural. Check out his tutorial below…and then check out L’Atelier De Artonit to schedule your consultation for flawless, professional wedding day makeup for you and your bridesmaids!
Many brides-to-be are concerned about their makeup looking too overdone on their wedding day. Most brides prefer a “natural” look, but one that conceals problem areas. Here are some tips on how to get an effortlessly natural bridal look that looks as dramatic and beautiful on camera as it does in person:
- Make sure to get plenty of rest, adequate diet and keep yourself hydrated before your wedding day. This will help your skin to look at its best.
- Shape your eyebrows a few days before the wedding to avoid inflammation and redness.
- Sleep with a mask of your choice (depending on your targeted needs), and moisturize your face and under eyes right before starting your makeup application.
1. Eyes first! This will save you some time, as excess eyeshadow will fall under the eye while applying. If you have face makeup on before, you will have to clean up and reapply.
2. Choose three eyeshadow shades: A shade close to your skin tone, a medium-deep shade for contrast (not dark), and a medium shade. Make sure they do not have a metallic or pearly finish. Use semi-matte eyeshadows for a more subtle look. If you want to achieve a romantic look, use a shimmery eyeshadow.
3. Use a shadow base on the lid and proceed to apply the base color all over the eyelid. Apply the medium-deep shade on the lower lid and the medium at the crease to diffuse both colors.
4. Apply waterproof eyeliner on the upper eye waterline close to the lash line.
5. To open up your eyes and give them a flirtatious look, apply false eyelashes. Avoid extremely long or tapered ones. Look for faux lashes that are a hint longer than yours, and made with human hair. Make sure the lash band is invisible. Tap a little glue to your lash line and to the lash band as well. Wait a few seconds and proceed to apply. Work on one eye at a time. Dark glue will work better than a white or clear, so that when it dries it blends in with your liner.
6. Apply eyeliner on top of the lash once it has dried and gently smudge.
7. Time to clean up. Use a wipe and clean under eyes. Make sure to clean 45% of the outer corner to enlarge and lift the eyes.
8. Apply a light concealer in the inner corner of the eyes and one close to your skin tone under eyes. Start dabbing and blend both colors for coverage. This gives you an overall well-rested look.
9. Proceed to apply the foundation. Traditional makeup works best for daytime and outdoor weddings while airbrush is more likely to go under the radar at nighttime. Avoid excessive contouring if you want to look natural. Subtle strobing is a nice touch for the natural look. You can also use a bronzer to achieve a natural sculpting if you desire.
10. Apply powder with a soft, fluffy brush to avoid caking. The use of the sponge is always helpful at the time to take off some shine around your forehead, nose and chin.
Once you’re done, apply the lip color of your choice, add one final swipe of powder to “set” your makeup…and get ready for your close up!
Photos: Courtesy of L’Atelier De ArtOnIt
How to Match Your Hairstyle to Your Wedding Dress by Marlene Montanez
Photos: Tom Carson
When I started dress shopping for my wedding, one question that came up again and again as I tried on dresses was, “What kind of veil do you want?” To be honest, the question always caught me off guard because I knew there was only one answer: “It depends on the dress!” Your entire wedding look, including your jewelry, veil and wedding hairstyle, should absolutely match with the wedding dress you pick! So how can you match your hairstyle to your wedding dress? Don’t fret, we’ve got some great tips on coordinating your hairstyle to your wedding dress with ease.
Backless wedding dresses are very on trend. And whether it’s completely open in the back, partially so or just the illusion of an open back with lace detailing, you’ll likely want to show off that sexy back! Consider an up-do for your wedding day hairstyle to give your back the spotlight. If you aren’t feeling an up-do but still want something that’s flattering, you can also try a longer hairstyle where your hair is pulled and styled to the front and side. Think: An ultra-glamorous low side pony with curls.
A one-shoulder gown is great for showing off fabulous arms and a little skin; so don’t have your hair covering that up! A half-up half-down wedding hairstyle is a great way to balance off this asymmetrical look. If your wedding is a bit on the formal side, an up-do works really well with this look, too. And since the focus on the gown is showing off the shoulder, you can also rest assured that just about any veil length works.
Strapless and sweetheart-neck dresses are still some of the most popular wedding dress styles. The good news is, they not only flatter just about every figure, they work with just about any hairstyle, too! If you are having a church ceremony or concerned about showing too much skin, consider a long hairstyle instead of a half-up or formal up-do.
If you are having a beach wedding or a more casual affair, embrace the afternoon vibe with a non-fussy look. Long hair styled in beach waves or even loose braids and half-up half-down looks are perfect for beach weddings. This is one look where you’ll want to avoid the formal up-do and have fun with your wedding day hairstyle.
Click here for more wedding hair tips and ideas from Latest Hairstyles!