Good friends find your keys for you. A best friend finds your future husband for you! That’s what Caroline did for Kathleen, by creating a Match.com account for her bestie…and finding Nick. Although Kathleen wasn’t keen on meeting anyone online, she promised Caroline that she would meet her friend’s boyfriend-material pick, but she couldn’t have known that she and her Match match would end up talking for hours on their first date, until the restaurant shut down, and eventually become an inseparable couple. Fast forward to Kathleen and Nick’s classic-with-a-modern-twist tent wedding, where 210 of their loved ones gathered to witness them tie the knot, then danced the night away beneath a bountiful floral chandelier. Their palette of blush, pink, white and yellow brought to life their vision of a springtime garden wedding, while late-night favors of Whataburger honey-chicken biscuits brought nourishment to guests upon their departure. Thanks, Adam Nyholt, for the lovely photos!
Photos: Adam Nyholt | Registry: Bering’s
Photo: Kelly Hornberger Photography
You have your bae and your ring…now it’s time to pop the question with your gals! Since you’re going to want them by your side every step of the way, we picked out some really, really cute things that your future bridesmaid squad can’t say no to.
1. Write a sweet, personal message to each of your gals in this fun scratch-off card. Price: $4.50+
2. Gift your bridesmaids with a sparkly bottle of wine, and do a good deed at the same time? Yes, please! With every two bottles purchased, One Hope Wine funds a clinical trial for a woman with breast cancer. Price: $59
3. They’re gonna need to drink that wine in something, right? Make it even more personal with gold monogrammed stemless glasses that range from $13-15!
4. Floral robes are something your bridesmaids can use while getting dolled up with you on your wedding day, and even use afterwards. Did we mention how adorable it looks in the getting-ready photos?! It comes in different colors and a range of sizes (XS-L). Price: $68
5. Who doesn’t love a pretty pink nail polish? This Essie gel nail polish looks good on every skin tone and stays for at least 2 weeks! Price: $11.50
6. Bath bombs are just what your girls need to de-stress and relax with after those long days helping you plan your big day! Price: $5
7. Show your #bestie how much you love her with this adorable Kate Spade gold cuff. It comes in the cutest packaging, too! Price: $68
Houston couple Marina and Frank were partying like it was 1999 (literally) when they first met at a nightclub their senior year of high school. Marina tells us, “Frank was dancing with my friend (who happened to be one of my bridesmaids) to get closer to me. He eventually made his way to me, and we exchanged numbers at the end of the night.” They kept in touch and went on a couple dates, but parted ways when Marina started college and Frank left town for boot camp—but that didn’t stop them from keeping in touch. After she graduated college and Frank came back from the military, they were inseparable.
Marina and Frank planned a trip to visit their friends in New York City…but little did she know this trip had something special in store for her. “Frank mentioned that he had never done any of the typical touristy things in the city, so I planned an entire day out of it. We went through Ellis Island Museum and walked around to take an imprint of Frank’s grandfather’s name—whose name is on The Wall of Honor—but Mark insisted that we should take a look at the skyline first. As we were walking over, his started breathing heavily and got down on one knee,” recounts Marina. She was so surprised that she couldn’t even remember most of what he said, but she does remember him saying, “My grandfather started his new life on Ellis Island, and I want us to start our new life together here.” Aww…pass the tissues, please!
Exactly one year later the pair tied the knot at the Crystal Ballroom at The Rice with their nearest and dearest to witness. “We wanted to go with something elegant, classic and timeless with pops of bold elements,” says Marina.
One of their favorite moments? When LG Entertainment played the last song, and all of the guests joined the bride and groom on the dance floor!
Congrats and best wishes to the newlyweds!
Photos: Ama Photography & Cinema | Rehearsal Dinner Location: Lawless Kitchen & Spirits | Reception Venue: Crystal Ballroom at The Rice | Catering: Sambuca Catering | Music, Lighting & Entertainment: LG Entertainment
Picture this: You’re wearing your gorgeous bridal gown with a dazzling diamond ring, and your hair and makeup is flawless. But what if you need to retouch your lipstick, or wipe away those happy tears with tissues? You’re going to need a fabulous clutch to have and to hold by your side to carry your necessities. We’ve picked out five of our fave wedding clutches at different price points, and we’re sure there’s one in the mix that you’re bound to be smitten with. Happy shopping, loves!
1. An ornate bridal clutch with princess-worthy appeal that goes with any color wedding dress, and is only $48? Yes, please!
2. Believe it or not—this Badgley Mischka clutch was seen on the Emmy’s Red Carpet. Make a subtle statement on your wedding day with this chic and ladylike blush clutch. It also comes in ivory and black!
3. This crystal floral minaudiere is for the bride who wants stand out and be seen shimmering from a mile away.
4. If you’re all about fun, quirky details, you’re going to love this Kate Spade Wedding Belles Clutch. Carry it on your bridal shower, wedding day or even during your honeymoon!
5. Last but not least…THE Oscar clutch goes to the bride who fancies intricate embroidery, baguette crystals and structured pieces. This neutral-tone clutch can be used on your wedding day and beyond.