Sure, you’re the ones with the wedding gift registry…but that doesn’t mean the gift-giving spirit should only flow one way. Don’t forget to express appreciation to special friends and family members with thank-you tokens and thoughtful hostess gifts (for all those pre-wedding parties and showers), and spread the love far and wide, with well-chosen wedding favors that are way beyond ordinary. We’re gifting you with some of our favorite gift and favor picks, right here! Scroll down for retailers, and happy gifting, loves.
1. Tiff’s Treats Cookies: Tiff’s Treats 2. DGZ Wedding Gold Chocolates: DGZ Weddings 3. Todd Events Butterfly Gift Boxes: Todd Events 4. Todd Events Silver Tray Set: Todd Events 5. My Soapgrams White Rose Soap: My Soapgrams 6. BHLDN Gold Scripted Decanter: BHLDN 7. Sabyasachi for Pottery Barn Trinket Tray Collection: Pottery Barn
Lit candles, cozy blanket… cue the relaxation. We are here to provide you with some aromatherapy—and some retail therapy. Take time to unwind with these hand-picked goodies…perfect for hostess gifts and wedding registries. We’re sure they’ll bring comfort and serenity to your newlywed home sweet home…or any home!
1. Michael Aram ‘Enchanted Garden’ Candle: Michael Aram 2. Michael Aram ‘Enchanted Garden’ Caviar Dish & Spoon: Michael Aram 3. Italian Wool Alpaca Cable Knit Throw: Restoration Hardware 4. Matouk ‘Auberge’ Monogrammed Letter Towel: Kuhl Linscomb 5. Antica Farmacista Damascena Rose, Orris & Oud Bath Salts: Antica Farmacista 6. ‘Louis’ Pet Bed: Restoration Hardware
After all of those pre-wedding celebrations, bridal shower preps, luncheons and countless hours that your gals help you plan, it’s time to say thanks. Whether your girls love metallic flash tattoos, dainty jewelry or are makeup junkies, we’ve got you covered with 8 gifts they’ll definitely be swooning over. Happy shopping, lovelies!
1. Daydream Prints Team Bride Flash Tattoos: Daydream Prints 2. Henri Bendel Classic Diamond Cocktail Ring: Henri Bendel Houston Galleria 3. Bauble Bar Jumbo Disk Pendant: Bauble Bar 4. Greenleaf Cashmere Kiss Votive Candle: Greenleaf Gifts 5. Besame Cosmetics Lipstick in 1946 Red Velvet: Sephora 6. Henri Bendel Luxe Pave Orbital Cuff Bracelet: Henri Bendel Houston Galleria 7. Davie & Chiyo Letra Ring Trio: Davie & Chiyo 8. Sisco + Berluti Fly Me To The Moon Stack: Sisco + Berluti
Getting ready to spend your honeymoon with your hubby-to-be on the beach? Well, you’re in luck because we’ve picked out this summer’s hottest pieces so you can look like the beach bombshell that you are. Happy shopping, lovelies!
1. Caruso Swimsuit: Violet Lake 2. Escada Joyful Perfume: Sephora 3. Bindya NY Floral Scarf: Chic Tweak 4. Cosmetic Case: LoLo Bag 5. St. Lucia Roses Slip-ons in Magenta: Kanaas ~ 6. Jeannie Simmons Hat: Headcovers
From tiny flower vases to massive crystal cuffs, modern bridal jewelry is a heady mix of vintage inspiration and ingenious innovation!
1. Fleurings Large Gold Pendant Vase ~ Fleurings 2. Ben-Amun Pearl & Crystal Fan Earrings ~ Shopbop 3. Erica Courtney Fire Opal Earrings ~ Judith Ann Jewelers Houston 4. Mrs. B Collection Pearl Necklace & Earrings ~ Mrs. B 5. Ben-Amun Belle Epoque Hand Bracelet and Deco Pendant ~ Shopbop 6. Shourouk Apolonia Pearl Necklace in Chalk ~ Shourouk 7. Ben-Amun Baguette & Pearl Necklace ~ Shopbop 8. Bijuju Bridal Bar Drape Me Over You Necklace Set ~ Bijuju ~ 9. Samantha Wills Precious Dreamers Cuff in Silver ~ Samantha Wills
Photo: Bloom + Grace
Wrap it up, we’ll take it! We just had to share our love for these yummy fair-trade wrap bracelets from Bloom + Grace. Two of our faves are the Silver Metal Mesh Wrap (the perfect complement to your sparkling engagement ring) and the Gold Metal Cuff, which we love to pair with jeans, nubby sweaters, wrap dresses (um, yeah, you can’t have too much wrapping, darling) and beachwear. These super chic bracelets also make awesome bridesmaids gifts (hint, hint). And here’s something else we love: Not only does Bloom + Grace offer amazing jewelry, they also partner with the UN Foundation’s Shot@Life Campaign to bring life-saving vaccinations to children in need across the globe. Look good, do good, it’s all good.
Photo: Civic Photos
What a NIGHT. Right?? If you were among the fortunate 300 Houston brides, bridesmaids, grooms and their guests who made the oh-so-savvy decision to snap up I Do! Bridal Soiree tickets while they lasted, last Thursday evening was a night to remember, indeed. On Thursday, Feb. 12, Weddings in Houston magazine presented the truly magnificent I Do! Bridal Soiree at The Corinthian. For three magical hours, attendees met with A-list Houston vendors [see full exhibitor list here!]; dined on sumptuous Mediterranean, Asian and Texas-inspired specialties courtesy of world-renowned Jackson and Company catering; sipped French Champagne and fine wine; enjoyed live entertainment and decadent treats; chatted with mingling models showing off the season’s most gorgeous couture wedding gowns; and, perhaps most thrillingly, wandered through a wonderland of weddingscapes featuring the artistry of Houston’s finest design experts. Whether you were one of our honored guests, or you plan to attend our Fall I Do! Bridal Soiree, coming Oct. 18 to the Four Seasons Hotel Houston–or BOTH–we welcome you to tour Civic Photos’ images of the I Do! Bridal Soiree at The Corinthian. And please join us in thanking Jackson and Company, The Corinthian, Civic Photos, A&A Video, LBL Event Rentals/Linens by Lisa, EB Inc Events, Southern Hospitality Coffee Company, Jonny Black Productions and Scott Graham Piano, for their fabulous contributions to the I Do! Bridal Soiree.
You don’t have to wear boots to get all “Texas cute” (though we’re crazy for a fine bridal boot, ladies). These Texas-based and Southwest-inspired sweets, sips, treats & take-homes make great wedding favors and hotel guest room amenities, and add the perfect bit of local flavor to your wedding, whether you’re tying the knot here in Houston, or bringing your Texas friends and family to a far-flung destination-wedding locale!
1. Nature Favors Bluebonnet Kit ~ Nature Favors 2. Republic Plata Tequila ~ Republic Tequila 3. Tiny Pies Pie Pops ~ Tiny Pies 4. Blue Bell Creameries Homemade Vanilla Ice Cream ~ Blue Bell 5. TLC Soaps Tiny Texas Red Currant Soap ~ TLC Soaps 6. DGZ Chocolates English Toffees ~ DGZ Chocolates 7. Potter Country Store Texas Pecans Gift Tin ~ Potter Country Store 8. Kate Aspen Just Hitched Bottle Opener ~ Kate Aspen
Photo: Le Creuset
It’s the crème de la crème of cast-iron cookware…and it’s going to wind up in the hot little hands (use oven mitts, please!) of one lucky Houston bride-to be. Oui, darlings, c’est vrai! We’re teaming up with legendary French cookware brand Le Creuset for a three-day giveaway contest starting today and ending at 11:59 pm this Wednesday, Jan. 28. One bride who purchases her tickets to Weddings in Houston’s signature I Do! Bridal Soiree, coming to The Corinthian on Thursday, Feb. 12, from 6-9 pm, will win a coveted Le Creuset 5.5-Quart Round French Oven—one of the world’s most-prized wedding-registry items for generations, and an indispensable part of the aspiring cook’s well-stocked kitchen.
To enter: Purchase your all-inclusive tickets to the 2/12 I Do! Bridal Soiree—Houston’s ONLY luxury bridal event, featuring cocktails, gourmet cuisine from Jackson and Company, spectacular tablescapes, straight-off-the-runway bridal couture, $$$ swag bags for each and every bride, and an exclusive array of Houston’s A-list wedding vendors and experts—by 11:59 pm this Wednesday.
The prize: One lucky bride will take home a $280 Le Creuset 5.5-Quart Round French Oven, enameled over cast iron in the perfect shade of Marseille Blue (“something blue” that’s beautiful…and useful, too!). This French-cookware classic, designed for heirloom-quality durability and style, can be used on any stovetop heat source or in the oven, and is ideal for casseroles, stews, soups, chili, braised meats—even for searing a steak or baking a cake!
The winner: Will be announced on Facebook on Friday, Jan. 30, and will be presented with her prize at the Feb. 12 I Do! Bridal Soiree at The Corinthian. ALL brides who have purchased their I Do! tickets at any time before our Wednesday-night deadline are eligible to win. And one lucky bride will. Shouldn’t it be YOU?
Good luck, loves. Or should we say…bonne chance!
Photos: Republic Tequila
Mexican tradition meets Texan ingenuity in the sweetest lil’ ol’ tequila bottle we’ve ever seen–or sipped from (c’mon now, y’all didn’t think we were just looking at it, did ya?). Republic Tequila pairs time-honored cultivation practices with innovative technology to coax the complex flavors of the magnificent blue agave plant into award-winning tequilas. AND it comes in the perfect size Texas-shaped bottle, making it a great item for grownup wedding favors, or as a part of an in-room guest gift for visiting friends and family, or for your bachelor or bachelorette getaway. Sample Republic Tequila yourself, with this Classic Diablo cocktail recipe:
- 1 1/2 ounces of Republic Plata Tequila
- 4 ounces ginger ale
- 1/2 ounce Chambord
- Half of a fresh lime
Pour tequila and ginger ale in a rocks glass filled with ice. Top with Chambord and squeeze in fresh lime. Mix and garnish with a lime wedge and enjoy!