Illusion gowns are HUGE this year in fashion, thanks to celebs like Beyoncé, Rihanna and Jennifer Lopez who have been strutting down the red carpet. If you’re in love with low backs or daring necklines but are scared of showing too much skin, sheer fabric is the way to go. Illusion fabric allows you to be demure and sexy at the same time. Check out our favorites from the 2016 bridal runways here—and if you’re feeling this trend as much as we are, go ahead and try them on in person at local Houston bridal salons today!
1. Monique Lhuillier 2. Marchesa 3. Watters 4. Alon Livne White
South Asian brides are saying goodbye to the more traditional reds, hot pinks and oranges, and are instead embracing neutral hues of ivory, champagne and gold mixed with pops of color. We are in love with the combination of a soft and bold colored bridal lehenga! Pair it with an embellished clutch and top with a traditional maang tikka to create a regal ensemble fit for a queen. Here is the hottest head-to-toe South Asian bridal style for this wedding season that we’re all obsessing over, and so will you.
1. Elan Couture Bridal Lehenga: Elan 2. Larkspur & Hawk Bella Gold, Quartz & Pearl Earrings: NET-A-PORTER 3. Preeti Mohan Maang Tikka: Exclusively 4. Oscar de la Renta Clutch: Zappos 5. Tamir 18k Yellow Gold Spodumene Ring: Peran & Scannell 6. Five Tier Cake: Cakes by Kristhanthi 7. Sergio Rossi Puzzle Heel: Bloomingdale’s 8. Laser Cut Invitation Suite: Isabella Invitations
1. Marco & Maria 2016 Gown: Marco & Maria 2. Oscar de la Renta Swarovski Earrings: Oscar de la Renta 3. La Perla Petit Macrame Slip: La Perla 4. Tess Harriss Designs Something Blue Clutch: Tess Harriss Designs 5. Three Tier Fondant Cake: Earth & Sugar 6. Kashmir Sapphire & Diamond Ring: Zadok Jewelers 7. Sophia Webster Chiara Ice Bridal Sandal: Sophia Webster 8. Munnu Aquamarine Ring: Barneys NY 9. Bella Figura Sea Wash Invitation: Bella Figura
Just when you thought you’d seen every type of wedding dress, designers pushed the envelope and introduced fresh styles that would make any bride swoon. Feathers, 3D floral appliques, high necklines, sheer sleeves and colors flooded the Spring 2016 bridal runways. Whether you love a figure-hugging silhouette with lace sleeves or a romantic strapless ballgown, our favorite designers have something for everyone. We did the hard work and narrowed it down to our faves. See something you like? You can try on gowns at local Houston salons here. Happy shopping, loves!
1. Marchesa 2. Berta Bridal 3. Watters 4. Inbal Dror 5. Lela Rose 6. Pronovias 7. Alon Livne White 8. Jenny Packham
A dapper gentleman is the best accessory, wouldn’t you agree? We’ve put together the essential items that every man needs to look dashing from head-to-toe. A groom should go above and beyond to look his best on the big day (he’ll be standing next to you, after all), but why stop there? This is his wedding too, and what could be better than planning the most important milestone in your relationship together? Bring him to the I Do! Soiree on Thursday, February 4 at The Corinthian for an evening of wedding planning that even he will LOVE. While you and your besties are swooning over lovely décor and gowns, tasting cakes and enjoying beauty treatments, your hubby-to-be could be hanging out in the grooms’ lounge. Sounds perfect, right? We thought so. Get your tickets NOW before they sell out! We can’t wait to see you and your boo at the I Do!
1. The Tie Bar Flamingo Plaid & Navy Bowtie: The Tie Bar 2. The Tie Bar Dasher Pocket Square: The Tie Bar 3. Bonobos Jetsetter Suit: Bonobos Guideshop Houston 4. F.P. Journe Chronometre Bleu Watch: Zadok Jewelers 5. Dot & Bo Whiskey Charm Flask: Dot & Bo 6. Christian Bauer Gold & Diamond Bands: Donoho’s Jewellers 7. Bonobos Grenson Ellery Shoes: Bonobos Guideshop Houston 8. Byredo Mister Marvelous Eau de Parfum: Neiman Marcus 9. Two Tier Navy & Ivory Cake: Beyond Buttercream 10. Bella Figura Poeme Invitation: Bella Figura